Its NOT rocket science , only computers ..

PSRAM needs a 17th bit in the data path .

It SBZ , but when the end of the low

level code comes along , the clk

to the PSRAM unknowningly clocks

a different address !

The CPU need not waste time "RETURNING" subroutine ! Its transparent RETURN .

----------------------------------

I program low level primatives ,

ussually 16 ,

then higher level "midlevels" ussually 16K .

My 16 , low level "primatives" dont RETURN

subroutine , they use a JUMP table to

go directly to the next Primative , using

an indirect JUMP thru the jump table .

Its very clever and much faster than

anything you get with C++ !

Have you noticed , they will not make

this , even in the mature IBM PC !

all the memory pays a big $$ .

There is a burst mode , but no way

to nix the delay of re-addressing !

and it only takes 1 extra bit !

I could emulate it using parity RAM ,

but it would still waste a ram location ,

cause id have to read that DATA location .

They wont make it !!

At very low speeds , i'd use a EEPROM , serial , id only clock it at "cell" edges . I.E. , i would clock EEPROM at 1/16 the rate , and EEPROM is flashed to all "highs" . If my Primative needed more than 16 bytes , the EEPROM would be missing that High . This allows a tiny 2KB EEPROM to do much larger SRAM banks , since its only clocking 1/16 th .

Ultimately , buying the SRAM is the hassle , i need 1000 1MB SRAMs ...

Im doin ARM 144 pin CPU's ...

Reply to
werty

I thought the 145 pin ones were better.

Reply to
tsest(1)

I've got a bunch you can have. They are vintage parts now so I am afraid they will be $50 a pop.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell