Intel 386EXTC I/O ports

Hi,

I am using Intel 386EXTC parallel port1 and have connected 8 LEDS on P1.0-P1.7. Below is a small assembly program that I write in 512K Flash that uses UCS as chip enable. LEDs need a high on P1.0-P1.7 to light hence P1LTC is configured as ffh. when I power on my board, LEDs should light up but they don't. I don't understand why? Is it something to do with M/IO# signal. Should there be a decoding logic where Flash CE is created from M/IO and D/C# signals? CS1 from processor is tied to SRAM. Is it possible that I need to reconfigure address registers REMAPCFG for expanded I/O space?

.model tiny .386 .code

main PROC jmp Start

P1CFG sword 0F820h P1DIR sword 0F864h P1LTC sword 0F862h

Start:

mov ax, 00h mov dx, P1CFG out dx, al

mov ax, 00h mov dx, P1DIR out dx, al

mov ax, 0ffh mov dx, P1LTC out dx, al