GNU/Linux PNNL supercomputer fastest open system in U.S.

1.8T HP supercomputer with Intel Itanium2 processors running GNU/Linux reaches full operations.

RICHLAND, Wash. ? The Department of Energy?s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is now home to the United States? fastes t operational unclassified supercomputer. The laboratory?s 11.8 teraflops industry-standard HP Integrity system came to full operating power this week, marking the next advance in high-performance computing designed to enable new insights in the environmental and molecular sciences, including chemistry , biology, climate and subsurface chemistry.

              Kind Regards from Terry
    My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Gentoo-1.4_rc2
         New Homepage: http://milkstone.d2.net.au/
 ** Linux Registration Number: 103931,  http://counter.li.org **
Reply to
Terry

Opps, sorry folks, wrong news group, I'd better clean my glasses more often!