Favorite Tools for 80C32 Development?

I inherited a legacy project that uses a Phillips 80C32 MCU. I need to buy an entire toolset - C compiler, linker, debugger and ICE.

Does anyone that's done 80C32 development have a toolset that you recommend?

The MCU is a PLCC. It would be nice to have a probe that clips on, although I can have the device desoldered and replaced with a header if necessary...

Anybody's tools that I should avoid?

- Paul Bell k_p snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Paul B.

k_p snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Paul B.) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Keil C51 or Raisonance w/ Signum or Nohau.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

In article , Paul B. writes

What sort of project is it? What was the original source written in?

Compilers:- Keil, IAR, Tasking (though Keil is generally considered the best for 51)

ICE:- Hitex, iSystem, Nohau

However it depends on what the project is.

GCC, SDCC,

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/ snipped-for-privacy@phaedsys.org

\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Reply to
Chris Hills

I have not heard Signum in a long time, anyone interested in buying my old signum emulator?

Reply to
Captain Bly

"Captain Bly" wrote in news:c4uvc.36684$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

They seem still to be around:

- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Paul B. schrieb:

You could also have a look at

Their ICE is comparably low priced, and they have interesting sales methods: You can get an ICE with only basic functions (the higher value features are blocked by software) for a very low budget - and then temporarily buy upgrades if you really need those features. After a few temporary upgrades, the limit is completely removed. Sounds interesting.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.

I am partial to Metalink and Keil C, BUT..

You may want to use what wad used on the original project, if it is just simple changes. Things such as Bank switching or PSEN and RD or funky memory maps may limit your emulator choices. Same with the code converting Compiler brands, Even old version to latest version can be a bit of work.

Reply to
Neil Kurzman