Error Free Protocol

Hi NG, I need a good protocol for error free communicating with my msp and a pc. It should be a software protocol (not RS232 with parity) because it should work on other links such as over gsm, too. What about xmodem. Can I use this protocol for communication, too? Can somebody help please?

Thanks, Joachim

Reply to
Jojo

TCP/IP I believe is supposed to be error free and is the basis for most communications these days. You can use PPP if using a Circuit Switched Data connection over GSM, or even direct with GPRS.

Reply to
Jason Curl

There are multiple choices. These choices differ in blocksizes or streaming, compression or not, forward errorcorrection, multipoint or master-slave and so on.

Error correction is achieved by a CRC and retransmission. If error spikes are expected, a forwarsd error correction may lower the number of retransmissions.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Look up zmodem.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

XModem is horribly inefficient (78%). For file transfers, maybe ZModem is what you want.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards