Do NEC's K8 tools work?

Quick question to anyone working with the K8 series from NEC: Do you see these issues with the LCE? (These are my MAIN problems, I do have others as well)

  • debugger frequently crashes with an error in MFC42.DLL
  • when you set a breakpoint, the emulator will stop when it fires but the PC displayed will be miles away from the breakpoint
  • the debugger frequently falls "out of sync" with the hardware; e.g. it's usually not possible to resume execution after hitting a breakpoint; you get an error saying the Evachip is in the wrong state, followed by the aforementioned MFC42.DLL error.

I am wondering if there is something weird going on with my systems (tried it on two so far) or if the tools are just garbage.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards