AT91RM9200 Lauterbach JTAG effect on Ethernet

I have what appears to be an odd problem when a Lauterbach (PowerTrace o just the Debugger) is connected to my target board an AT91RM9200-EK.

Without the Lauterbach connected on power up UBOOT runs and I can the TFTP an image into RAM.

With the Lauterbach connected on power UBOOT runs but when I try and TFTP UBOOT reports PHY is not connected!! MAC: Error during MII initialization.

I know TFTP'ing an app in might seem a little odd anyway whilst a debugge is attached but it was a test to prove something else. I had already noticed that if I loaded our QNX startup via the Lauterbac and ran that, then the network driver failed to start properly.

According to datasheets for the ATMEL AT91RM9200 and their Evaluation Ki board none of the signals are shared between JTAG/TRACE and the Etherne peripherals.

Any thoughts? Do you think its the ATMEL chip implementation, Lauterbach effect, or something i've not done in my Lauterbac initialisation script?

Cheers for any suggestions.

Tony

Reply to
Dodd

Have you tried Lauterbach customer support? You problem doesn't sound like one would expected it to be common to many Lauterbach users...

Reply to
tum_

"Dodd" skrev i meddelandet news:N7OdnTvy-ty9dxHbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

It is conceivable that your init script modifies a clock or changes the PIO configuration for one of the pins used by the MII.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

We saw similar behaviour with different JTAG tools. AFAIR the problem was with the top PHY address line - In effect the PHY address/number changed.

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com
tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691