Any Large Integer Libraries Out There for the ARM?

I was referring to GCC's "-pedantic" option.

cf.

Regards.

Reply to
Noob

He didn't provide the prototype of mul_32_96, but given the function call, one could assume

void mul_32_96(uint32_t *in32, uint32_t *in96, uint32_t *mynum);

where aliasing could indeed happen.

Reply to
Noob

In that case it could. I assumed in96 was some kind of 96-bit-long type, probably a struct. If they're all uint32_t pointers, then of course they could alias.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Head

Thanks, now I understand.

Using

I got this:

  1. ostentatious in one's learning.
  2. overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching.

The definition you provided is (I think) #2, and it wasn't clicking for me by just reading the dictionary definition and the documentation of the compiler parameter.

DTA

Reply to
David T. Ashley