Subject Author Posted Replies

Abusing the MAX232
I'm trying to hang an 8-way relay-driver off a USB port, with the circuit b= eing bus-powered.=20 The relays in question need at least a 9v signal, and they can be at the en= d of a 25' wire (DB9DP9)....
34
34

Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82
Sad News. Last Updated 3:32 p.m. ET (CBS News) Neil Armstrong, the Apollo 11 astronaut who became the first human being to set foot on another world, has died. He was 82. In a statement his family...
4
4

Totally off-topic, Cray-1 Hardware Reference Manual
4
4

EuroForth 2012
There's still time to register for EuroForth 2012, 14-16 September. EuroForth is consistently the best international Forth conference, attracting people from as far away as Australia, South Africa and...

Accounting for memory use in a running embedded Linux process
I have a Linux process that uses, say 16 MBytes of memory according to "top". When I dump the executable using objdump, I can account for only, say, 7 MBytes of that. It's not doing much if any...
2
2

Better C-Language Implementation of Multi-Word Addition
I have created this monster: I believe it is logically correct, but there must be a better way (other than assembly-language) to process the carries. The target is the ARM. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave A....
8
8

WAS:anybody know a good C compiler....
first let me thanks everybody for the interresting answers. This call for another question: Do you know a good and CHEAP programmer for the ATMEL series of MCU ?? one that support the whole series but...
22
22

compact-flash/ide adapter
compact-flash/ide adapter A compact-flash/ide adapter (SD-CF-IDE-A) from worked well but only as a master, not as a slave, which is a distinct bother. Anyone know of an ide adapter that works either...
6
6

anybody know a good C compiler for pic10/12/16 ??
I am using HighTch Picc ( LITE ) I am retired and can't afford paying +/- 1000 ? for the picc PRO. The LITE version loose about 40% in no optimisation and I can't fit all my code in a pic16f648a. I...
7
7

Recommendations for cheap 20 pin micro with serial port bootloader.
Greetings Title says it all. My company is using PIC10's as local supervisors, but th= ey are a pain in a number of ways that I don't wish to discuss. We would li= ke to know of micros that have UART...
6
6

Electronic Guitar Tuners
I am being asked to design a gadget that has some special features, but also includes a guitar tuner. I have looked at the web a bit, but not found any good references that show exactly how a tuner...
28
28

Google swings the axe at Motorola
Google swings the axe at Motorola 1 hour ago Internet giant Google says it plans to lay off about 4000 employees at Motorola, the mobile phone maker it purchased in May, in order to return the company...
7
7

News from Uvalde: No power !
Ooooyyyy...
2
2

I2C devices with unique identifiers.
For a project I am working on, I would like to give boards fresh from manufacturing a distinct "identity", before they are assigned a serial number, or have a MAC address or IP address programmed,...
16
16

Some very old, expensive, and interesting computer items on ebay.
Apple 1 original $75K C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE $800K
22
22