Subject Author Posted Replies

CFP - High-level synthesis - Methodologies and Practice
========================= ========================= =============== Hindawi VLSI Design Special issue on High-level synthesis: Methodologies and Practice =========================...

debugging arm executuble with gdb
Hi, I have compiled linux kernel with arm-eabi toolchain on Ubuntu. The kernel is working. Now I'd like to debug it with gdb. I tried this command: arm-eabi-gdb vmlinux My questions: Which gdb should...
2
2

The UK Device Developers' Conference - May
Bristol, Cambridge and Manchester - May 14th, 16th and 22nd A conference for the developers of' "intelligent systems and intelligent devices". An event for anyone involved in Embedded Systems...

KiCad - how to protect project against changing symbols in library?
Hi, I've just opened one of my old open hardware/open software projects and stated, that the schematic diagram is displayed incorrectly due to changed symbols in KiCad library. Fortunately I was able...
1
1

HT AVR
The range is tested on various quality parameters and is also customized as required by the client. For more information visit on :

Wrapping function calls using Diab compiler
Hi I am new to wind river compiler, I am trying to do robustness testing using binary wrapping method, I know that gcc has a --wrap option for wrapping function calls, I would like to do a similar...

Low cost mains power supply
For a small amount of power (and efficiency in the single digit percentage range), a rectifying bridge, a zener for regulation, a current limiting resistor and a capacitor or two is all you need. A...
8
8

OT: Recommend a decent news reader?
Outlook Express used to be ok if you had the OE patch fix for top-posting, bottom-feeding or whatever they called it, but it seems to have gone the way of much half-decent software. I could...
25
25

Debug Speed of ETM Trace for Debugging IO
Hi I have an input pin that I suspect is pulled to the wrong state due to noise. I have no way to measure the pin since it's burried in inner layers of the PCB The pin frequency is max 100kHz and I...
2
2

Embedded Code Snippets
Just a short note to inform the Embedded Systems community that a code snippet section has been launched a few weeks ago on EmbeddedRelated: If you have some code that you would like to share and that...

A C++-Language Question (Maybe C, too)
Technically this should be on the C++ language group, but I want an answer, not to either be sneered at or to start a religious war. I think this works the same if it's C, once you take out the...
64
64

Call for Papers - IWOMP 2013 - International Workshop on OpenMP
CALL FOR PAPERS: submission deadline April 26, 2013 9th International Workshop on OpenMP IWOMP 2013 Sept 16-18, 2013 Canberra, Australia The International Workshop on OpenMP is the premier forum to...

Bluetooth SBC encoder (file conversion)
Hi folks: I have a task to convert a dozen or so audio files into SBC encoded files. SBC is Bluetooth's A2DP compression method. The product requirements state SBC encoded files will be used to...
1
1

RS485 bus with "non-true" fail-safe transceivers
I have manu SN75176 ( that I'd like to use to create a 2-wires RS485 bus with 10 nodes. However this transceiver isn't true fail-safe, so the receiver, if enabled, has an undefined output (with wrong...
7
7

High speed PCB design tools
Can anyone give recommendations for PCB programs for high speed digital design? By high speed I mean up to 10Gbps, though relatively simple boards. I've done 6Gbps in Eagle and it worked, but there...
3
3