Subject Author Posted Replies

Static allocation and data hiding
It's a common problem in embedded projects. You want to hide private data of modules, but you don't want to use dynamic memory allocation. In the .h file you write the typedef only and in .c file you...
2
2

Is there such thing as a 4 bit CRC ?
If I create a 1 byte command that only uses 4 bits for 16 different functions, and there were NO following bytes (there might be folling bytes for some CMDs), I was thinking that the lower 4 bits...
35
35

assembly language/masm32
I need some help for an exam on friday morning using assembly language if any1 can help me.
2
2

Looking for uC/OS-II companion CD
Hi, I have the "MicroC/OS-II The Real Time Kernel" book (2nd ed), but since I bought it used, it came without the companion CD. Does anyone have the companion CD, or know where to get it? I looked on...
1
1

Slow (industrial?) SD cards
I have a setup with a micro SD card which may be suffering signal integrity issues. One suggested remedy is to try it with a slower card. I had some success with a 2GB Class 2 card from the dark ages,...
2
2

Communist Chinese Military Companies
A new FPGA company in China has appeared on a list of Communist Chinese Mil itary Companies (CCMCs). One article I read says this does not mean they ar e on the US military end user list (MEU) or the...

Ancient Yocto enforced by board manufacturer - "repo init" doesn't work
Hi, I need to build Linux for Congatec QMX8 SMARC SBC. The procedure is described here: It requires Ubuntu 2016.04, so I have created a virtual machine for it. Unfortunately, the "repo init" doesn't...
2
2

Fixed Point Calculations
I'm working with a custom designed hardware in fixed point arithmetic. I e xpect it won't be too difficult once I get my head wrapped around it, but I seem to be spinning my wheels getting started....
16
16

TC358749 HDMI-CSI bridge supported in new kernels?
I have a few boards with Toshiba's TC358749 HDMI to CSI bridge. It is supported by a tc35874x.c driver, available e.g., here: However, the new kernels have only the tc358743.c driver - There is no...
1
1

Soldering Thermal Pads
I'm helping with a board design of a few surface mount components with larg e thermal loads. The main problem is a part that has large pads. The guy is laying it out ignoring the suggestions of the...
9
9

Alternative terms for master and slave
It seems the terms *master* and *slave* are being phased out of the tech lexicon with help from Google. I know this is like herding cats, but I have a proposal for a terminology change. Just replace...
26
26

ARM GCC bug - No response?
Anybody ever posted bug reports on GCC as built+distributed by ARM? I posted what I thought was a decently written (and very real) bug report, but I have never received any response at all: Any ideas?...
5
5

Notification parsing times
I present "notifications", from time to time (as do most apps). These may be error messages, reminders, etc. In many cases, I do NOT want the user to have to acknowledge the notification for it to be...

Changes in Google Groups - sources posted to Usenet lost forever?
A few Usenet groups allowed users to post their source code as shar archive. The Google Groups website supported access to those groups, viewing the message in the original (raw) format and upacking...
13
13

I2C Single Master: peripheral or bit banging?
I hate I2C for several reasons. It's only two-wires bus, but for this reason it is insidious. I usually use hw peripherals when they are available, because it's much more efficient and smart and...
28
28