Subject Author Posted Replies

"Stable" time references
Hi, I need a relatively stable timebase against which to calibrate my own *local* timebase. Assume *my* environment is reasonably well controlled (temp, etc.). Also, assume I can make measurements...
63
63

[raspberry pidora-18 ]
I have made the installation using the keyboard config "be" Bust once rebooted, using the same physical keyboard, it use a "us" keyboard for login ?? Can't find how to correct this Anybody can help?...
1
1

SPI on Kinetis K60
Hi, We would like to setup an SPI test on our Kinetis K60 and we have troubles. We got SPI1 connected to SPI2 like but nothing is being transferred, the cl ock doesn't start to toggle states nor do I...
1
1

"scrubbing" below the FTL
Hi, When implementing a persistent store in FLASH technology, how do you "scrub" below the FTL? I.e., is this even possible without windows *through* the FTL? Or, support for a "scrub" operation...
31
31

Microchip PIC32MZ Flash Microcontroller is the World's Fastest 32-bit MCU
The Microchip PIC32MZ runs at 330MIPS at 200MHz and easily competes against the Cortex-M4. Includes a Microchip PIC32MZ block diagram and friendly roadmap for the PIC32 family. Bill Giovino
31
31

wget'ing complete web pages/sites
Hi, I've been downloading driver sets for various laptops, etc. from manufacturer web sites. This is a royal PITA. Why isn't there a "download all" button? (or, an ftp server with directories per...
14
14

Robust user interface requirement
I have a UI requirement that's slightly unusual. Ideally it would be a touch screen, but it will be 'touched' / poked in a big hurry, and maybe in a manner that would damage a normal screen at times....
15
15

P1010 QorIQ from Freescale - any experiences?
I am considering this part for a project. < > It is not like having the wrong core (e500v2, had it been e300 or e500-mc would have been much much easier for me) is not enough of a pain but I can't...

Infineon XMC1000, XMC4000
Hello All, the Infineon ARM Cortex derivatives (XMC4000 CM4, XMC1000 CM0) look very interesting. Advanced peripherals, good value for the money. Is anybody actually working with them and wants to tell...
18
18

40+ years old and still on top!
That'ss gotta say *something* about (perceived) "usability" despite all the other contenders that have come (and gone) over that timespan... :-/
6
6

Pointing devices et ilk
Hi, I've been systematically exploring (i.e., using in real life, not just an academic exercise) different UI technologies and devices. Pointing devices, motion controllers, 3D "mice", etc. Most...
22
22

Preferred LiFePO4 USB charger/regulator IC
I'm building some hand-held gear with STM32 and other stuff on a 3.2V supply, with consumption up to a watt or two, and want to use a single LiFePO4 cell with USB charging, and preferably just run...
22
22

STM32 power consumption
I'm interested in building a mini gadget that needs a fair amount of computing speed, and I'm thinking of using this Cortex M4 board, powered by a small lipo cell: I notice in the data sheet that the...
8
8

MODBUS RTU: should the master retransmit on timeout?
I'm studying the MODBUS RTU protocol over serial line, but it's not clear for me one point. The standard says: So the master *should* (must) retransmit last request if no answer is received from the...
1
1

C++ syntax without C++
Hi, What, specifically, can I use of C++'s syntax without incurring the associated "costs" that C++ brings with it? I'm ideally looking for criteria that I could *mechanically* enforce (a preprocessor...
201
201