Subject Author Posted Replies

Extracting structure elements address and types from elf file.
Hi, Does anyone know of some readily available API or C functions that will go through an elf file to extract the symbol information for structures? I'm just trying to avoid having to write my own...
3
3

NavSpark : A Small, Powerful, 32bit Arduino Compatible Development Board With Free GPS, GPS/GLONASS, or GPS/Beidou Receiver
5
5

Certificate compromises?
Hi, Any "news"/"developments" regarding how robust "signed binaries" (et al.) have proven to be IN PRACTICE? I.e., any known exploits? Any "social engineering" exploits? And, relative merits of...
49
49

A $5 Arduino?!!
At first I was presently surprised but after a while I started to wonder. Knowing that the cheapest AVR device costs about $3-$5 I started to investigate how they could build a complete board with MPU...
3
3

An efficient way to implement bluetooth for an embedded product?
I am looking at developing an industrial product which will have BT. Obviously there are numerous ways to do it, with any microcontroller and one of the BT modules. My preference is towards the Atmel...
19
19

Parser, again!
Dear All, I'm in need of some advice! (not the full solution). A word of caution: i'm not an computer science guy, so probably i'm not using the correct therms! I'm a part-time prototype developer at...
51
51

Contacting mSATA disks in small space
We want to use mSATA disks, but the connectors intended for it (e.g. Molex 48338-0090: 9.25mm deep, minimum height 6.2 mm) are pretty big. So the mSATA disk is 3mm high, but when using the connector...
1
1

Decompiling "MS" drivers
Hi, I've got some Kit that I want to repurpose. Of course, the hardware is undocumented; the software I'll gladly discard. I think the devices are NT-based. What's the easiest way to decompile the...
3
3

Certificate Management for Embedded Devices
One of the building blocks that we see most commonly misunderstood is how t o manage SSL certificates in embedded devices. For this reason we have desi gned a whitepaper that provides an introduction...
1
1

fet for automatic gain control?
fet for automatic gain control? Any suggestions for an enhancement mode mosfet to serve as a variable resistence element in an automatic gain control type circuit? Power involved is a bare whisper;...
6
6

"RJ45" crimp connector flavors
Hi, I've asked this in several places (possibly even here, previously) and still haven't received a good answer... RJ45 (8P8C) connectors come in a variety of styles, chiefly cable type (flat vs...
41
41

IVR et al. in the 21st century
Hi, IVR gave folks a way of interacting with "systems" without dealing with people (of course, that's what the folks peddling this stuff to The Public wanted us to think was a BENEFIT!). For the most...
30
30

C++ hardware library for (small) 32-bit micro-controllers
(posted to yahoo-groups/lpc2000) I am working on a portable C++ hardware library for real-time applications on small (but still 32-bit) micro-controllers. My typical (and current only) target is the...
48
48

USB 2.0 Host Ic's
Just curious what is available in terms of good USB 2.0 host Ic's I have hit google but I think Id check here first since this group is bound to have more real world experience. Ideally Id like a chip...
1
1

Three PhD positions in self-adaptive systems at Linnaeus University (Sweden)
Three PhD positions in software engineering of self-adaptive systems at Lin naeus University Sweden The AdaptWise research group that is based at the Computer Science Departme nt of Linnaeus...