Subject Author Posted Replies

Atheros wifi card and extended range
Hi, I'm developing some network driver basing on madwifi. I'm trying to enable Extended Range (XR) mode in Atheros AR5xxx cards. I know that there are 5 XR registers, but I couldn't find any...

Small / cheap micro family with MMU for running Linux
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions for small / cheap embedded microcontroller families having an MMU and which are suitable for running the "normal" version of Linux ? Thanks, Boo
18
18

20 Freescale employees confirmed aboard missing jet
This relates to the very sad event of a Malasia Airlines jet disappearing over the Pacific a few days ago, and may be of relevance to c.a.e. readers. Source url: Freescale Semiconductor Employees...
2
2

What is this data structure?
I need to store what is essentially an array of N unsigned ints and examine and set them individually as you expect of a simple array. However I also need what I can only describe as a cumulative...
4
4

Arduino users?
Just wondering what folks thought about the Arduino platform. Any users here? It looks like a simple easy to use platform. Anyone care to share experience with this in an embedded system. Ed Prochak
30
30

running the linux on STM32F407VGT6
Hi guys I am starting this new thread in hope that it will be a good sharing platform for both advanced users and the beginners. Actually what I am going to discuss here is that how to run linux...
5
5

Single Chip PWM decoders?
Hi. I'm working on a spare-time project where I have to decode a PWM coded signal. The bit protocol looks like this: Frequency is 500Khz, each bit starts with a raising edge. One bits have a high duty...
22
22

Best tool to compare two linux source codes
Hi I want to know the best software tool for comparing the differences in the linux kernel. Actually I have STM32 microcontroller based development board for which I got the BSP in which the Linux...
20
20

STM32F0x1 Sleep Mode Conundrum
Any time I ask a really specific question here it always seems to go by the wayside. But what the heck -- it's Friday, it's late, and my @#$% processor won't go to sleep!!! Anyone have any mileage...
12
12

Thuraya XT satphone - what USB chip is used?
I am trying to make it work under win8... It isn't a Prolific 2303 and it isn't an FTDI FT232 or similar... Win8 does notice it was plugged in (it beeps) but nothing new (that I can see) appears under...
13
13

Load testing and Abraham Lincoln
Once again I have occasion to test some software by sending several hundred bytes through it. Today it's to see how much power my board will consume while sending serial, but who knows what tomorrow...
4
4

How data processes in microprocesser ??
Hi all, I was going through the source code of some embedded application where I saw a code written like uint16_t opcode = (0x08
6
6

How to create a backlight for a capacitive touch keypad
I'm playing with the MPR121 touch sensor controller demo kit from Freescale... and it works :-) Now I want to assembly a complete capacitive touch keypad that can be seen without ambient light, so I'm...
2
2

PC transfer Zero padded data to device through USB 2.0
Hi, i am using USB 2.0 protocol to transfer data from PC(host) to device(slave). I have requested PC to transfer 1000 bytes of data but it transferred 1024 data(actual data =1000 and zero padded data...
1
1

Verify execution speed - "cycle counting" etc?
Hi all, triggered by the recent "cycle counting" threads, I would like to know how you verify "is my code fast enough"? Although you can't predict the exact timing in modern controllers and you use HW...
72
72