Subject Author Posted Replies

XP problem..only during debug! on CW10.5 and LPCXpresso??
Hi I ask your help for a problem relative to my PC and its OS,but inherent to embedded electronics,because the problem affects just the debug operations After a registry clean ,maybe done too...
1
1

Test Driven Development (TDD) Framework for Embedded Systems
Hi, We currently do most (all) our embedeed FW testing on either real HW (if available), using FPGA, or using HW simulator and Verilog models. We are looking at performing more testing on the "Host"...
11
11

Re: Debugger recommendation wanted
[cross-post to added] As long as you qualify for the EDU model it's a fine value. A frequently used (and inexpensive) home/hobby debugger is the Olimex ARM-USB-OCD or ARM-USB-OCD-H, both of which are...
12
12

Bluetooth inquiry / response
Hi Folks- I have a Bluetooth inquiry/response connection problem for which I suspect there is a classic solution. I just can't seem to find the answer so I hope somebody here can offer a solution. The...
6
6

deciding capacitor & resistor values
I am new to schematic design and studying OLinuXino A10s schematics. A generic question : How do we decide the resistor & capacitor values required to interface multiple ICs on a pcb ? E.x. I am...
4
4

simulation tutorial? Asynchronous interrupts?
I'm writing simple programs for a PIC 16F877A. Attempting to simulate with MPLAB. Linear code...no problem. But I've never written a program that didn't have multiple asynchronous interrupt inputs and...
5
5

Call for Papers: International Workshop on OpenMP IWOMP 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS 10th International Workshop on OpenMP IWOMP 2014 September 28-30, 2014 SENAI CIMATEC - Salvador, Bahia, Brazil The International Workshop on OpenMP is the premier forum to present and...

Linux boot drive issue
I am trying to make a bootable USB disk to install on a laptop. In the old days, it was simple and can probably do it with less than 1G flash drive. I could build on sda1 and install on hda1 (PATA)....
23
23

Cheap spec an using an RTL-SDR

Help support the new Embedded Systems site on Stack Exchange! Commit to help get it running.
We embedded systems peoples are way outnumbered by Java brogrammers, but we need a Q&A community a la Stack Overflow too! IMO the Stack Exchange sites have the best interface and system going right...
11
11

IXP435 networking MAC docs
Hi, I'm trying to understand how does the IXP435 networking MAC should be programmed. I'm going to write my own driver for this controller. The documentation I've found is rather poor - there is no...

Multi Tech MT5656ZDX modem
Multi Tech MT5656ZDX modem A Multi Tech MT5656zdx modem is now connected to a computer here and is working great - at 2400 baud! The AT$SB38400 command, which is reported to change the serial baud...
8
8

How to manage serial numbers
I don't know where to post this question, maybe here someone has faced the same problem in the past and could give me some good ideas. I have to ship products with a different 32-bits serial number...
43
43

Code coverage tools
Hello, I work in the medical area and I'm looking for a code coverage tools. So do you have any tips, advices or warning about good or not so good tools. Thanks in advance, Rainer
1
1

NE2000 NIC driver for Linux 2.6
Hello, I'm trying to write my own driver for NE2000 NIC PCI card for Linux. I read the docs for DP8390 (NE2000) controller but I can't understand the remote DMA operations. The doc mentions that...
8
8