Subject Author Posted Replies

filling remaining array elements with fixed value
Hi to all here Using Codewarrior,GNU i want to declare an array in program memory like this: const unsigned char my_array[8]={0xA,0xB,0xC,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF}; Is there any convenient way to do...
173
173

Choosing a touch screen platform for in-home display product
I'll design a typical "in-home display" product with a small (4-6") touch screen display. The application will be generic, mostly oriented to security and/or home/building automation. The...
12
12

x86 vs The World...
Many years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth, there was the x86 and then there were the viable contenders. That list was headed by MIPS and PowerPC with others as "also ran". With time none of these...
32
32

Constrained vocabulary speech synthesis
Hi, I have a "fallback" speech synthesizer that is used when the primary speech synthesizer is unavailable. Depending on the user's abilities, this may be the *only* output modality available to...
18
18

Question on ARM Instruction and an Armulator Bug?
To all: I am playing with Armulator to try to understand the ARM instruction as I do not yet have any ARM hardware to play with. However I run into a poss ible Armulator bug. This is surprising as...
3
3

More fun in Linux La-La-Land.
This is a follow-up on the attempt to fix a single key problem: Problem: Trying to build a USB bootable drive with Wifi and GSM. One of the Wifi dri ver is in the newer kernel only (3.6). However,...
13
13

Is anyone here using Alibaba.com ?
I have not been able to login all weekend. I am using Firefox, I click login and all I have is a spinner ...
2
2

Cheapest / lower parts count mCU with USB
Hi, I am looking for the cheapest (I'm trying to cost reduce a hobby project just for fun) with usb and high current sink/source (20*15ma would be great ) that requires a the minimal amount of...
14
14

Announcement: Generate code from UML activity and state machine diagrams
Hello list readers, the new SinelaboreRT code generator now supports the generation of clean and robust C / C++ code from activity diagrams and state diagrams. Features: - Generates clear production...

OT: Research and Development
Perhaps we should take a cue from Volkswagen and call it "Research *then* Development" George
17
17

FPU vs soft library vs. fixed point
Hi, I'm exploring tradeoffs in implementation of some computationally expensive routines. The easy (coding) solution is to just use doubles everywhere and *assume* the noise floor is sufficiently far...
26
26

Hidden latencies and delays for a running program?
Hi all, I've been a SW developer, but one question I've never addressed is: What OS latencies and CPU delays are there in a compiled, running program? Is there any simple way to minimize them? I am...
28
28

Opensource Debugging Model Question
I am curious how this works at the register level. I am going by the description here, especially the graphic showing the flow and interfaces of the debugging model. So my question is, when you're in...
4
4

Does this exist - dev board with GPIO and fast storage to a SSD or equiv.
Greetings, I am trying to get a reasonably fast ADC capability to a PC. I have been told that using the USB bus on a PC has latency, preventing the data from being gathered RT. So I am wondering if an...
30
30

load binary modules at run time
Hi guys, I have 100 c modules, my system has to run only one module at a time (at run time); these modules have few functions called by the system and these have the same prototipe for every module....
16
16