Subject Author Posted Replies

How to write a software description document?
I have written software for an embedded system. All commands are received b y UART. Now I must create a document that describes the software and how it works together with the hardware on that circuit...
11
11

Parsers for extensible grammars?
Hi, [I probably should direct this at George... :> ] I'm writing a command parser. Some set of commands are "common". But, other instances of the parser are augmented with additional commands/syntax....
43
43

USB Cable for Programming Xilinx FPGA (Spartan 3)
Hello everyone, I would like to know if we can use a general purpose (available off-the-shelf at popular stores) USB to JTAG cable to program a Xilinx Spartan 3 FPGA or does it *have to be* a cable...
6
6

x86 real mode
Hi, What are the most conservative, *practical* expectations I can make living in x86 real mode: TEXT of 64K and DATA of (disjoint) 64K? BSS in it's own segment? Or, shared with DATA? And, how...
64
64

Why can't I load code with the debugger ?
My target board is wired with Renesas Microcontroller Unit M16C/6N5 Group. Device M306N5FC. The target board is connected to Renesas E8a Emulator or debugger. The debugger software that I'm using is...
2
2

file format for .RUN in MPC5566?
In .run file Internally how to calculate checksum and which address will be assigned the internal file what is the starting address which data will be assigned to that data and end of file how to...

validity of ... reasons for preferring C over C++
Okay, then. To start with some comments from the original post: If you think you know what code a given C construct will generate, you've been out of the loop too long. Modern C compilers can be very...
111
111

reasons for preferring C over C++
"Small-chip programmers are better off using C++ instead of C." Take small-chip as =
44
44

How to read a 32-bits hw counter on 8-bits microcontroller
In the thread above about RS485 driver enable, always originated by me, some new and interesting (for me) techniques has been descripted to use a "wide" (32- or 64-bits) hardware up/down counter to...
8
8

Two-wires RS485 and the driver enable problem
I have a multi-drop two-wires RS485 bus. One node is the master and all the others are slaves. The master is the only node that is authorized to initiate a transmission, addressing one slave. The...
65
65

Electrical variations
In my inbox from a friend wondering "how this can be so..." -----8
10
10

What finally happened to the Polaroid Polapulse batteries?
Hello! Shortly after the (supposed) success of the camera that used the film with the battery on it, the company made plans the release the batteries separately. I recalled seeing some of them for...

Algorithm for x/63 and x/127
Dear all, I believe I have invented a formula for quotient calculation that works for x/63 and x/127. The formula is as follows and it is divisionless and multiplierless: y = (((x>>n)+x+((1n)-1; Use...
10
10

Filesystem syntax constraints under Windows
Hi, Does anyone know which filesystem naming constraints are imposed in Windows itself vs. the file system layer? Said another way, which constraints are *invariants* regardless of the filesystem?...
98
98

Dummy C18 question re using header files
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction without too much mirth...... I'm using an generic 4x16 LCD with a Pic + MPLAB + C18 free compiler. I need to use the xlcd.h header file. The...
8
8