Subject Author Posted Replies

MicroBlaze program memory vs data memory
Hi everyone, I am currently writing a linker script to build my final executable to fit into the memory space visible from within the MB. Since that CPU is an Harv ard architecture based, program...
2
2

Job opening in DFW
spotted recently - WinSystems engineering salesman fyi

GSM 03.38: SMS default alphabet
The default GSM alphabet defines only 128 characters (plus some escaped extensions). It uses a 7-bits encoding that lets a maximum of 160 characters in a *single* SMS. Now, the character "small A...
3
3

A5 vendors
Hi, Any comments regarding A5 offerings? Vendors to favor? Avoid? Mainly interested in the number of bugs I'll have to address (and if any are fatal/no workaround). I can live with a single core...
42
42

Resolving typos in research pubs
Hi, Sorry for the poor choice of subject line. :( I have a few different speech synthesizers that I've been refining for a product. All are intended to be *very* lightweight (minimal run-time...
12
12

USB3 Peripheral Controller PCIe
I am looking for a USB3 peripheral controller that will interface to a PCIe (1 lane) interface. I know about the PLX USB3380 & USB3382 devices. Does anyone know of other alternatives? Al
9
9

Using instruction counting on PSIM
Hello all. I am having some issues with the PSIM emulator within GDB. I have created a cross-compiler and successfully installed PSIM targeting a PowerPC. I want to be able to count the instructions...

toggling on/off a NAND Flash
Hi everyone, we have a NAND Flash that stores a configuration which needs to be read in chunks on a regular basis. In order to 'protect' the device against radiation effects (bit flips, SEFI, SEL,...

[cross-post] nand flash bad blocks management
Hi everyone, We have ~128Mbit of configuration to be stored in a Flash device and for reasons related to qualification (HiRel application) we are more inclined to the use of NAND technology instead of...
26
26

Integrated TFT controller in PIC MCUs
Microchip PIC32 MCUs can be used for graphics applications (as I read on their website), but I couldn't understand if they have a real integrated TFT controller (as in LPC MCUs by NXP) or a different...
102
102

SPI with master at each end
My target platform is an ARM-7 with an SPI connection to an FPGA. I need either device to be able to initiate data transfer, the approach I'm considering is to use a single additional data line from...
2
2

Choice of support forums
Hi, With the obsolescence of USENET in favor of more "portal-based" forums, what are the relative advantages/disadvantages of corporate-sponsored (and hosted?) forums vs. more "independent"...
40
40

Tracking localization changes in repository
Hi, I run several OS's, here. I'd like to get *all* of them under CM/VCS. In the past, I've just tracked my NetBSD boxen as I've already got the source repository on-line, locally. [Ignore, for the...
5
5

AAME Certification preparation
Can you please suggest me something else as the The Definitive Guide to the ARM Cortex-M3 - ARM

seeking USB interface/breakout board with 2x serial, GPIO...
Hi all I'm trying to source a prototyping/interfacing board to control via a desktop PC with USB port. Ideally it should have the following ports on it: - 1 RS-232 port - 1 RS-485 port - 'a few' (say...
16
16