Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I build my own boot loader for Qualcomm msm8974?
Greetings I think I may need to build a boot loader for my prototype, which is a s mart phone. It is Samsung Note 3; it has Qualcomm SOC msm8974 based on ARM architecture. I think I may need to do...
1
1

Position independent code with fixed data and bss
MCU: STM32F4 (ARM Cortex M4) Build environment: arm-none-eabi-gcc 4.8.4 20140725 My goal is to build an image that can be run from any properly-aligned offset in internal flash (i.e.,...
20
20

BLDC motor(12 VDC, 30 watt, 3.85A, 3000 RPM) with A3930 controller
we are dealing with BLDC Motor ( 12 VDC, 30 watt, 3.85A, 3000 RPM) by using A3930 motor controller. we are giving PWM to control the speed of the motor. but the motor is not rotating. the individual...
4
4

Pervasive e-Paper Displays
Anyone have experience with the e-Paper displays from Pervasive? They are the only company I have found making e-Paper displays that are rated for temps below freezing. But they are very cagey with...
16
16

PIC 18f with RFID! communication problem!
Hi, I am trying to interface RFID(RFid click which uses CR95HF 13.56 MHz contactless transceiver as well as trace antenna) with PIC18F8722. It used SPI communication. I am trying to get its...
1
1

What's the differences for TI AM335x and AM437x?
Our company MYIR has recently released a new product Rico Board based on TI AM437x. Compared to AM335x processor, I think the main differences might be the ARM core and camera support. The AM437x is...
3
3

Insolation of Electronic Equipment
I am looking at a weather proof enclosure for some electronic gear. It will be fairly small, smaller than a breadbox (slightly smaller than a shoebox in fact, around 8" x 6" x 3") and have a clear...
6
6

NAND issue (sorry about the previous post, accidentally hit Send)
Hello everyone, I'm using a micro controller with ONFi peripheral to control multi-cell (2) NAND. I write the NAND (Micron) from the beginning to the end. I skip bad blocks and use a simple...
6
6

NAND issues
I'm using a microcontroller with ONFi to control multilayer (2) NAND. However, I experiece the following issues:
1
1

I can't set a breakpoint ?
I'm running Renesas e2 studio version 3.1.0.24. I used to be able to set breakpoints without any problem. Today, I can't set a breakpoint. I double click on a line and nothing happens. FYI, when e2...
7
7

OT: Perpetuum mobile
How did they make it? I got a new bluetooth headset and let it play music > 8 hours ago (phone on charger, headset on battery) and it is still running... Almost at the loudest setting. Quite audible...
5
5

OT very long term data storage
Somewhat off topic but... If you are interested in the topic of very long term storage of data (centuries) and also importantly without the risk of obsolescence, a small company has created a process...
27
27

New book: Ada and SPARK on ARM Cortex-M
Hello, I am pleased to announce that the tutorial titled "Ada on ARM Cortex-M", which was announced here in its early stages, evolved and finally became a regular printed book: The complete book...
1
1

OT: Norway (ping David B)
Hi, I watched _Troll Hunter_ last evening (hint: don't enable English audio... just English subtitles!). Obviously, a "found footage" film. But, how much of it was intended to be tongue-in-cheek vs....
17
17

M2M GPRS/UMTS SIM cards: how the data traffic is calculated and charged?
I'd like to use a M2M SIM card in one electronic device. Of course, I would use data (IP) connection over GPRS or UMTS link. There are many offers on the market depending on the mobile operator, but...
5
5