Subject Author Posted Replies

Don't you hate it when...
I'm working on a Sunday, so I can vent, right? Don't you hate it when you're looking at your OWN CODE and going "WTF?!? This shouldn't even compile!!!" I mean, if it were someone else's code that...
15
15

What means of word 'quesue' in this RTOS description?
Hi, I read an online tutorial on RTOS, see below dot line please. I am not clear about what is for the word 'queue' in the first line. Does it mean a task queue? Thanks in advance....
12
12

waveform display in browser
I'm designing a tachometer box and it will have a web page interface as one way to talk to it. I thought it would be cool to include an ADC so we could display waveforms, too. My software guys here...
53
53

Which scripting for embedded automation?
I was automating my home LAN. Need suggestion for automation scripting upon embedded Linux, to do some op erations over LAN, such as scan and ping other devices, string like data tr ansfer,etc. And...
14
14

Raspberry Pi2 support Windows 10 IoT
It's here! Steve Teixeira of Microsoft gives this statement: "We're embracing the simple principle of helping Makers and device builders do more by bringing our world-class development tools, the...
1
1

Semi-OT: Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway
Relevant to many of us: "Uconnect, an Internet-connected computer feature in hundreds of thousands of Fiat Chrysler cars, SUVs, and trucks, controls the vehicle?s entertainment and navigation, enables...
32
32

Design pattern: refresh-based or event-based?
I tried to start a thread ( on without good success. I think I haven't described the problem very well and the guys on clc aren't very interested in those kind of problems. Maybe this group is better....
32
32

Computation effort specification
Hi, Posted a variant of this in c.realtime but the cavernous emptiness there is deafening! :> I'm looking for "device-independent" units of measurement to specify computational requirements of tasks....
8
8

How to design and implement simple interface ?
// Some_Filename.c - This file already exists /* This function fetches two bytes from Non-Volatile Memory(NVM) and returns to the calling library. */ signed short GetDeltaMin ( void ) { signed short...
5
5

Help on learning 'wireless protocols (i.e. Bluetooth, WiFi, the internet of things)'?
Hi, I would think I have enough DSP knowledge and experience as a DSP firmware engineer. I even completed a WiFi physical implementation project, i.e. I know the WiFi packet structure etc. I also know...

critical-embedded systems (safety)
I have a question regarding, functional safety in embedded we have a critical embedded controller which controls the motor speed. How we could deal with wrong inputs from user? I mean, what are the...
6
6

Debugging DDR3 - refresh signal oddness on DQS
Hi, We're trying to debug a new board with failing DDR3. It's a Xilinx Zynq chip with an ARM Cortex A9 dual core, and built in DDR interface/controller/phy. We've scoped up the differential DQS lines...
2
2

Dynamic Linking of librairies without and OS
Hi, I'm trying to create a simple plugin architecture on a microcontroller without an OS. My main issue is how to dynamically link a shared objects library (.so). On a Linux system, we can use dlopen...
4
4

Variant sub-classes in C++
OK, this is a weird one, and a question that I'd put on except that, like all my questions there, it would turn into a pointless flame war/pissing contest, with a teeny bit of useful content from some...
4
4

Hosting a USB communications device on STM32
Hi I have a project where I need to host a CDC on an STM32F microcontroller. The usarts are in use hence the need for the CDC. I have found library code from STs cube which configures the USB to host...
2
2