Subject Author Posted Replies

We have new requirement for System Analyst role at Fort worth, TX, 6Months.
Hi Iam Bob from Compugra Systems,Inc,We have new requirement for System Analyst role at Fort worth, TX, 6Months. Job title : System Analyst role Location : Fort worth, TX Relevant experience : 10+...
1
1

Creating multiple images (Boot & App) in a project (IDE: CCS/IAR/CrossWorks) ?
Hi, I am trying to create a Bootloader for MSP430F1611. Basically I want to separate Bootloader and Application images so that I can upgrade the Application image on demand. After reading through...
7
7

Question about ARM instruction: STMIA / STMEA
Hi, When I read ARM Thumb2 instruction manual, I find a problem on STMIA / STMEA. It said: "Store Multiple Increment After (Store Multiple Empty Ascending) stores multiple registers to consecutive...
5
5

Excellon Drill File - M70
I am reviewing PCB Gerber files returned to me by the PCB fab house after their edits. I am not able to load the Excellon drill file oddly enough. It has an M70 code which GerbV flags as an error....
1
1

Android files
Perhaps there is a better Android group somewhere, but this is the closest i can think of. Question: What is the best place to store local app files, hopefully works for most Andorids? For example,...
2
2

Linux Drivers Part of Kernel for GPL?
When a product is shipped which uses Linux internally, are the various drivers required to control the hardware part of the Kernel as far as GPL goes? I'm wondering how much of the product has to be...
30
30

Slightly OT: speed of operation on a PC
Which do you think is quicker on a PC, with the latest gnu compiler: double a = something; double b = something else; if (a >= 0.0 && b < 0.0) >> or
42
42

Problem MSP430 with free run and run
Hello, I work on an MSP430F2254 with a MSP-FETFlash Emulation Tool. My code UART don't work in run but in free run. MSP430F22x4 Demo - USCI_A0, Ultra-Low Pwr UART 9600 String, 32kHz ACLK Description:...

Declare variables as FAR but variable lost after reset or power off
Hi, I declared array as follow: typedef struct{ unsigned char name[NAME_LEN+1]; unsigned int age; }Member_t; far Member_t * PtrToFamilyMemberFile = 0; far char * FamilyMemberFilePtr = 0; void...
4
4

Help on delta cycles in trace with embedded memory on ARM A8 cpu
Hi, I learn to use trace on ARM A8 cpu with a simple TI XDS100v2 emulator. The trace data looks puzzling to me. See below message on trace window: ../hello.c,main,0x40303164,"PUSH {R3, LR}",...
1
1

What does it mean 'IT can be omitted'?
Hi, First of all, I would explain a little with an answer to my previous post. I know the present days compiler is much better than the old days. Assembly code has less usage in practical engineering....
3
3

What is wrong when the small asm code loaded into ARMSIM?
Hi, I am trying to use ARMSim# on ARM assembly code. I have downloaded the follow code snippet from the web: ..................... .equ SWI_Open,0x66 @ open a file .equ SWI_Close,0x68 @ close a file...
5
5

Could you explain ARM Branch with Link (BL) instruction considering prefetch?
Hi, When I read the words below dot line, I don't understand why "R14 is adjusted to allow for the prefetch" Could you explain it to me? Thanks, ....... Branch with Link (BL) writes the old PC into...
10
10

Embedded Linux – mechanism for deploying firmware updates?
I am considering developing on the Yocto project for an embedded Linux project (an industrial application) and I have a few questions for those with experience with embedded Linux in general -- Yocto...
1
1

Nice and terse -- like on an EXAM!
{(X1,Y1), (X2,Y2), (X3,Y3), (X4,Y4)} defining a cubic bezier. with Xi, Yi all expressed in Qm.n Define an efficient, closed-form expression/constant time algorithm to characterize (describe) the...
27
27