Subject Author Posted Replies

enable/disable PCI interrupts
As a course of learning linux device drivers, I'm implementing a PCIe driver, and I'd like to understand at what level the interrupts can be or should be enabled/disabled. I intentionally do not...
1
1

Raspberry Pi - necessity to use additional boatloder - is it possible to read the original command line parameters provided by start.elf?
Hi, I'm preparing a system with a Raspberry Pi as an embedded computer, running the Buildroot compiled Linux. To extend possible boot options I have to use additional bootloader (barebo x or u-Boot)....
1
1

ADC sampletime on STM32F103
Hi, I'm currently learning how to use the ADC on a STM32F103RC. One of the parameters for reading the ADC is its sample-time. Just wondering. What is the reason for being able to set this? Why would...
7
7

Samsung Exynos4412 Chip will stop production
Samsung Exynos4412 Chip will stop production at the end of 2015,any other good solutions to replace it? --------------------------------------- Posted through

How to achieve Vector Redirection when using multiple execution images?
Hi, I am using multiple execution images in my project. And I need to use the ISRs once I switch to a different image after the first boot of the device. Can anyone please help me out in doing this or...
4
4

EFM32 Instruction Execution Times
Hi, I'm trying to find information on the Silicon Labs/Energy Micro EFM32 Cortex M3 processor instruction execution times, namely, the MLA/Multiply-Accumulate instruction, but others as well. I've...
48
48

Correct code for bank switching?
This is what i have: ; damn "example" says nothing about which interrupt vector or BANK to use ; NEEDS FIXING, "BANKSEL 0" and BANKSEL 1" issue SAME CODE BANKSEL 1 ; to get at INTCON, PIE1, PR2, TRISB...
2
2

Newlib, gcc, adding a file system
The arm-none-eabi GCC port and it's accompanying newlib (I got mine from Codesourcery but I suspect this applies to all) clearly has hooks in it to add a filesystem into an application. I've Googled...
6
6

Need help in redirecting ISR after switching to a new execution image in MSP430
Hi, My earlier post was: Creating multiple images (Boot & App) in a project (IDE: CCS/IAR/CrossWorks) ? I am working with: Microcontroller: MSP430F1611 IDE: CrossWorks for MSP430 Right now I have...
2
2

SPI with multiple slaves.
I am building a system with 1 master (normal) and 3 or 4 slaves. The question is: How do I organize this so that I can 'load programs' using ICSP to evey master / slaves without to much handeling like...
6
6

Q: PIC error messages
Snippets from assembled code: LOC OBJECT CODE LINE SOURCE TEXT VALUE 0073 00178 SET_PWM_TIME: 0073 30FF 00179 MOVLW d'255' ; (PR2+1)*Timer2 prescalar value*Tcy 00180 ; 256 * 1 *(4/20e6) or 200nSec...
2
2

Very Urgent- Aerospace Engineers @ Lynnwood WA
Currently I am seeking candidates for a very urgent requirement of Embedded Engineer- Development/V&V, with one of my exclusive Aerospace clients base d out at Lynnwood WA. In order to have a quick...

USB electrical
Is USB balanced or not? It uses differential signaling so you would think it would also be balanced, but from what I'm reading and seeing in wiring diagrams, it's absolutely not. The standard looks...
9
9

stm32f103: flash latency and baud rate calculation
Hi all, I am still relative new to low-level programming microcontrollers, currently doing some work on a STM32F103RB using forth. To get to know the device, I am now trying out some code to change...
4
4

Mentorel uSomIQ in place of Beaglebone Black?
Hi guys, Anybody have any experience with the Mentorel uSomIQ which has approximatel y the same CPU as a Beaglebone Black? I kind of like the thought because it packs in a little tighter physically,...