Subject Author Posted Replies

dsPIC serial number
Hi I want to put a serial number into a dsPIC - there's four bytes of user space in the flash which would be ideal. Is there any reasonably easy way of stopping this from being changed when new...
15
15

Connecting to an embedded Linux device over USB
I have a piece of hardware (drum machine) which I know runs a version of Busybox on an Intel Atom platform, I think. It appears to have 256 megs of RAM and a gig of internal Flash storage. I'm trying...
9
9

Webinar: Introduction to the Apalis TK1 with NVIDIA ® Tegra® K1 SoC
Check out the Apalis TK1, which is our most powerful System on Module / Com puter on Module yet. Its capable NVIDIA Kepler GPU not only delivers stunni ng graphics in 4K, but it also provides an ideal...

Early 8051 variants with dual dptr (AMD?)
Which were the first 8051 derivatives with multiple dptr? AFAIK the Siemens 80C517 was the first with 8 dptr. I've read that AMD had an early dual dptr vairant, but couldn't find a datasheet yet....
10
10

Atmel Bought by Microchip
Not sure how I missed this one for two months. I see there is already some serious contention with Atmel employees. I wonder what it will be like for the sales force to be selling PICs, AVRs and ARMs...
107
107

Common name for a "Task Loop"
So, this is the third time in a month or so that I've needed to tell someone "use a task loop" -- but I'm not sure if I can say "just Google it". So: When I say "task loop" I mean that I'm _not_ using...
195
195

"Priority Inversion" analog for LST scheduling
I'm preparing some courseware. Anyone have a term for the equivalent of priority inversion/deadline interchange -- but under an LST scheduler? Neither term seems to appropriately reflect what is being...

Embedded Linux: share data among different processes
I'm new to embedded Linux so this question could be very simple for many of you. Most probably, it isn't directly related to embedded world, but to Linux OS generally. Anyway I think it is a common...
48
48

Allocate dynamic memory Borland C++ 4.5
I work on a legacy code with a borland C++ compiler. The processor is an Intel 80C186EB. Has an external Flash of 1MB - which has 256K of RAM. I am trying to dynamically allocate 64K(Size = 0x10000 =...
7
7

Apache Mynewt: Community-driven, open source OS; first open source BLE for MCUs
A quick FYI for Apache Mynewt's 0.9 release... Noteworthy is the world's first open source (controller level) Bluetooth Lo w Energy stack for MCUs. The first ports were to Nordic's nRF52 and nRF51....
11
11

Small Device C Compiler 3.6.0 released
A few hours ago, SDCC 3.6.0 was released. SDCC is a free C implementation targeting various 8-bit architectures. In particular, it targets architectures that would be hard to target for GCC or LLVM:...

Building the pendulum demonstrator
I show how I built the demonstrator for my systems & stability video. It's an electromechanical pendulum, and it's kewl -- or it was, until I broke it making this video.
7
7

Job Costing Software Singapore
Mobile Clocking gives you the visibility you have always wanted. Our job co sting Software feature will give you the ability to manage your jobs in an easy way, allowing you to identify labor costs...

Real time GPS tracking Singapore
The employee portal is the central gateway to business activities, which ma intains everyone in your company connected and empowers your workforce to o perate at peak efficiency. Workers simply enter...

Online Attendance System Singapore
Our mobile apps are designed to afford workforce handheld employee time and attendance software for use from anyplace within the limits of their cell provider's supported data plan. This solution...