Subject Author Posted Replies

RS422 interface
I am trying to interface two systems through RS422 link. There are onl four lines connected between them (tx+/- & Rx+/-) and no ground Independently both systems work fine but when interconnected and...
20
20

GNU LD fails to generate correct ARM Thumb veneer
good day people: i have been using GNUARM/Cygwin for some time now and i have not encountered a problem like this before. BACKGROUND - target MCU is STR71x - CPU core is ARM7TDMI - toolchain is GNUARM...
4
4

Orthogonal matrix PS/2 kbd controller, low-power?
I need to make a wearable PS/2 keyboard (one-off) and would like some input to help me decide between some inconvenient alternatives. The device needs to be small enough to wear comfortably strapped...
5
5

Tranmitting AT command to GSM from 8051
Hello, I am developing 8051 based vehicle tracking system and Need SOS help o the following: Assemblly language code for transmitting "SMS" through AT command fro 8051 to GSM module. thanks in Advance...

Embedded processor selection for long-life product
I am faced with selecting a replacement processor/uC for a re-design of some industrial controller/safety equipment. The technical requirements can be satisfied by just about any 32bit risc style...
36
36

I'm a bit lost on WinAVR (make problem?)
I've only been playing with WinAVR for a few days with this little project source code is there as well) I'm using their makefile. The problem is when I try to modify a line in usbdrv.h in PN2 , I'm...
3
3

Can You Guess Which Micro This Is?
I just bought a small embedded device (an iPod adapter for a car stereo). Being the inquisitive type, I popped open the case to see what the board inside looked like. I immediately noticed that...
25
25

small data area and zero data area
Hi all, I understand that small data area and zero data area is in the RAM We have SDA as read only and read/write 1. whats the specific need for small data area and zero data area. 2. Does they have...
3
3

Laptop for engineering without OS
I missed my chance to get a Dell laptop with XP and have been looking around to see what is still available. Lenovo offers some models with Linux or XP, but the prices are a bit high and selection is...
22
22

Free Webinars on PMP Certification Awareness and Roadmap
Dear Freinds I came across a website which conducts Free Webinars on PMP Certification (Project Management Institute, USA) Awareness and The Roadmap. It proved to be quite useful. This Training...

User Authentication dialog is not coming
Hi, I am fresher, I downloaded souce code from the goahead site. I am trying to check the authentication for the dowloaded source. Can u please tell what the steps has to follow for basic user...
2
2

USB short packets and physical data packet length
On the USB physical bus, are endpoint data packets always exactly wMaxPacketSize in length and zero padded when the requested data size is smaller than wMaxPacketSize or are the data packets...
8
8

8051 baud rate
Hi all, I am working on 8051 based Vehicle tracking system, which works on th following principle: 1. GPS system transmit the current longitude/latitude/GMT to MC 2. MC transmit this position...
3
3

MMU question
Hi everyone, I am very new to Embedded Linux. I know that the MMU handles all of th address translations from Virtual to Physical. My question is that how doe the MMU know which physical addresses...
7
7

lpc2378
Hi, Maybe it sounds stupid, but I?m new to NXP. I have always been usin atmel. I?m working now with the OLIMEX LPC2379STK from IAR systems. I? using IAR embedded work bench and I try the sample codes...
1
1