Subject Author Posted Replies

What is your strategy to save non volatile data?
Many times I work on embedded projects where it is required to save some data in a non volatile way. Usualy I use external (to the main microcontroller) serial/parallel EEPROM or internal Flash memory...
45
45

Half-duplex RS485 bus and how to manage direction signal
Each node on the half-duplex RS485 bus should start transmitting only if all the other nodes are receiveing (their transmitters are all disabled). Usually the bus is master-slave with the master...
8
8

Memory allocation with gcc on AVR (Arduino)
So the Arduino environment has the following template code when you start up a new project: void setup() { //code to be run at startup } void loop() { //run forever } Suppose I define a class at the...
4
4

Guest webinar: Over-the-Air is Not Enough - Resin.io ?s Robust Solution for Embedded Software Deployment
The endeavors of Toradex?s partner is focused on solving t he ?devops problem? for IoT. The devices continue to become more powerful and support increasingly complex use cases, than ever result ing in...

USB Embedded Master: requirement on power supply?
I'm going to design a board with an embedded USB Host connector (managed by Atmel SAM D21 MCU). I will use that connection only for data communication with a smartphone or a pendrive. I don't need to...
3
3

Labview vs. C++
OK. Neither of the groups to which I'm cross-posting this are appropriate. But, y'all are smart, and I know who to listen to. Problem: I'm working on a proposal for a customer, for an app that's going...
19
19

ARM about to be sold
ARM is about to be sold to a Japanese company: As a Brit, it saddens me to see a British success story sold into foreign hands, but my real concern is about what the future might bring several years...
29
29

Webinar: Creating IoT applications with Toradex and Microsoft Azure
Join our next joint webinar with Microsoft ?(in Portuguese). We wil l present a technical demonstration of the development of a robust and scal able IoT? solution. The Toradex? system on modules...

Safety-Critical Software Design
Hi Everyone, Are there any formal requirements, guidelines, or recommendations for software which will run in a safety-critical environment in the United States or world-wide? By a "safety-critical"...
10
10

RS485 guard-time
I just noticed a nice feature of SAM C2x microcontrollers from Atmel. It is the RS485 support, i.e. one pin (TE) goes high when the UART is transmitting and goes immediately low when the last byte was...
6
6

ATmega128 Questions
So, I'm sitting here making very poor progress on some customer hardware. It's using an ATmega128, because it's an upgrade to an existing product. I'm having NO END of trouble trying to get this...
3
3

Yutobe video for Dual cameras working on TI AM437x based Rico Board
MYIR's Rico Board is a high-performance and low-cost single board computer based on TI AM437x Sitara ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It is ready to run Linux , featuring two camera interfaces. The video...

Unintentionally Decoupled "process" interactions [long]
[For those of you directly involved in this, you'll recognize much of the text as lifted from our past emails, names elided. I include it here for others who won't be aware of the design approach....
9
9

Tuning PID controllers
Yet another video on tuning PID controllers has been tossed into the YouTube pool. ? For some reason I ended up multi-posting this. I think it's because I started on social media, and forgot that...

8051-variant dev board recommendations
I'm looking for dev / eval boards for 8051-variants. Can anyone recommend good/cheap boards that fit the following criteria: * Enough XRAM. I'd need at least 2KB, but 5KB would be better. * There...
4
4