Subject Author Posted Replies

Need Texas Instruments TMS34010 development board for upgrade project
Hi, I have a project to upgrade several types of equipment designed in the 1990's using the TMS34010. I must maintain compatibility with existing 68000/TMS320C10 CPU board. There was a TMS34010...

USB Power
Hi, It seems the specification allows USB devices to draw up to 100mA (for a "low power" port) and 500mA (high power port). Does anyone have any idea of the incidence of high power ports? Especially...
14
14

Embedding BScan with the DUT
Hello, Im a student doing some under-graduate work for my final year project. It involves moving Bscan functionality onto the board so we kind of augment the DUT with some hardware for test purposes...
3
3

timers alignment
Hi all, What is the difference between aligned and non-aligned timers from a s/ w point of view? Thanks!
7
7

google maps street view
new today: goto google maps: in your house address if you are in a reasonably well trodden area: click on street view, and with the arrows in the photograph, you can navigate 3 or 4 houses at a time....
24
24

Best solution to count RPM
I'm working on a data acquisition system for byke/car engine. I'm trying to figure out which would be the best way to count RPM and I've thought to two different ways: 1- using an interrupt routine...
43
43

communication between PC and LED display
I am using a LED display which has following specifications: TFI-32x128-37RG 4.76mm Tri-color RS232/Ethernet 6.9"x26.22"x2" 4 lines of English I have connected it to PC com port and want to send data...
3
3

ARM S3C24x0 based development kits ?
Hi friends, for an experimental project we shall need an ARM9 based development kit, with the SDRAM of at least 64M, ethernet, audio and LCD connection. I have been looking around for a long time and...
1
1

WinXP
Hi, Have you had any experience with WinXP Embedded? I am considering it for a new kiosk-like project, for a FLASH based device, but I am mostly concerned about the security aspect. Tipically, WinXP...
17
17

PC undefined for WINAVR???
I'm in the process of porting a graphics library downloaded from from AVR Assembler to avr-as. I'm now getting undefined references to PC. Does GAS not have a PC symbol defined? Can anyone point me to...
4
4

OT: Buzzing on iMac Driven by APC UPS
OT, but there are so many gifted hardware designers here ... Have a new Apple iMac, just connected it to a new hefty APC UPS. Noticed that when I kill power to the UPS and run on batteries (as a...
7
7

What happens to board when run over temperature?
Hi All, I have a small Rabbit CPU based board, it's rated max temp. to 50C, but in the field it can easily go up to 60C in the cabinet it's stored in. What can actually happen to the board when...
3
3

Frankenstein Processors
I am setting up the register definitions and initialization constants for a new processor. As a peripheral rich product, there are over 400 registers defined for the part. For the most part, the...
2
2

Driving a DVI monitor from a 32bit micro
I would like to drive static images from a embedded micro with serial flash cards on to a DVI monitor. Do I have to use the Silicon Image DVI IC? Micro is 50MIPS and I know I'll need a video frame...
1
1

Urgent openings for J2EE WITH CMML @ PUNE....!
Openings for J2EE WITH CMML COMPANY @ PUNE. Postion: SSE/Module Lead Exp: 3 =96 5 Yrs Primary Skills: J2EE, JMS, EJB,Webservices,XML,SOAP. Hibernate, Spring, Rational rose, UML, Design Patterns, EJPM...