Subject Author Posted Replies

Micro Controller Advice/Help Needed
I'm building a small device that will talk to the world through a modem. I've ordered the XE2422H devkit from XEComm. It basically has a RJ-11 connector for the phone line and an RS232 connector for...
14
14

Delayed Branching
Delayed Branching is a mechanism in which we asume that instructions that follow the instruction causing branch are useful and should NOT be preempted from pipeline. This results in reducing...
4
4

Two port implementation for a USB application consuming more than 2.5W
Hello, I am currently working on a USB 2.0 bus powered application that I expect to consume more than 2.5W. As such, I wish to use two USB ports to power the application in a similar manner to that...
8
8

Node guarding and Heartbeat in CanOpen
Hi, I have a problem with the CanOpen protocol. Is it possible that the 'master' of the communication CanOpen, use Node guarding with some node and heartbeat with other nodes ? Thanks, Best regards,...
1
1

FOC: Switching from wye to delta
I've a design that drives wye-/star-connected PM synchronous motors by means of field oriented control (FOC). I'm wondering what has to be modified in order to make it work with delta-connected motors...
1
1

Task priority problem.
Hi. I have three task: task1,task2, priority is 14, 15, 16, task1's priority(14) is task is scheduled through priority policy, that is task1 always run first. These three task will access a memory...
8
8

Contract Employment Weekly forging my email address
A couple of weeks ago, I started getting various replies to emails I had never sent. Apparently someone was sending emails with the From field set to my name and the email address I list on my web...
21
21

new e-Book on multicore programming
New e-Book: "How to Survive the Multicore Revolution (or at Least Survive the Hype)" the ebook covers: - Background on the emergence of mainstream multicore processors - The key challenges facing...

Student loan
NEW YORK (AP) -- Mortgage application volume tumbled 14.1 percent during the week ending July 25, hitting its lowest level of the year, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association's weekly...

embedded processor with large memory support
I have been looking at current mainstream 32bit embedded processors for my project (ARM, cortex, PPC, coldfire, etc). I would sure like to find a single device that has most of what I need, but I am...
12
12

Can PIC/AVR serve as minimal USB host?
Is it possible to use either AVR or PIC uC with hardware USB to read blocks from say an optical drive or such ..? (implicit usb host) Doesn't need to be standards compliant. Ugly hacks can be used ;)
4
4

PIC/AVR PWM + RS232 simultaneously?
Are there any sub 10 USD AVR or PIC uC that can do hardware PWM at the same time as hardware RS232 ..? The source of my question is that I suspect that same timer is used both for bitrate generation...
6
6

I need 1 USB to many RS232 Convertor?
I've an embedded system with Linux running on an ARM9 MCU and i need to design an interface card to communicate with cards like 7816 smart cards. I can only use USB interface of the system and i can...
3
3

Licensing on FAT16
Is it true, as I understand from wikipedia, that only the implementation of long filename support is commercially restricted when using FAT16? We would like to add a compact flash card interface to an...
15
15

low pass digital filter on a fixed point microcontroller
So I have a microphones that takes in sound and transmits them back to me, but I also perform analysis on them to find directionality on an AVR which uses fixed point arithmetic. Due to the spacing,...
53
53