Subject Author Posted Replies

Application processor with fast parallel I/O
I'm looking for a Cortex-A class processor that has reasonably quick parallel I/O that might be hooked up to an FPGA. I'm aware of the existing Zynq and Altera SoC FPGAs, but looking for something...
27
27

New Video: Implementing the PID Controller in Software
Enjoy: -- Tim Wescott Control systems, embedded software and circuit design I'm looking for work! See my website if you're interested

Linux embedded plus small TFT: ready-to-use solution
I need to develop a product based on Linux embedded (because I need to communicate with a 4G modem through USB and I have the drivers for Linux). So I'm searching an almost ready-to-use solution for...
15
15

USB device bootloader: which method do you prefer?
I'm designing a small electronic gadget with a USB device port. Now I'm thinking about a good method to upgrade the firmware through the USB. The process should be as simple as possible for the user....
16
16

Instrumentation question.
I've always suspected there was something clever that I could use for a thing like this, but ... I was too afraid to ask about it. Suppose I am on an extremely deterministic platform. Suppose I can...
5
5

SMB/CIFS for uTasker/Coldfire?
Hello Folks, I have a need for an SMB/CIFS client for uTasker on a Coldfire MCF52235. I've searched and it doesn't seem to exist. Can someone here either correct or confirm? While I'm here, I also...
22
22

Looking for Xilinx HW-130/HW-120 Adapters
Bump. Still looking for these adapters. Please contact me if you have any. Thanks. > My project needs to program a Xilinx XC7336 44PLCC. > > I have the software now and the HW-130 programming unit. >...
1
1

Minimal-operation shift-and-add (or subtract)
There's a method that I know, but can't remember the name. And now I want to tell someone to Google for it. It basically starts with the notion of multiplying by shift-and-add, but uses the fact that...
3
3

Hacker News thread on the Sitara PRU ( Beaglebone Black )
Discussion is based on this link:

ADC0848 A/D giving erratic readings
We have a board with an ADC0848 A/D chip that is giving erratic readings on one particular channel on some boards but maybe not all boards. The chann el that reads erratically is used to measure a...
5
5

IC-86 old C compiler for 8086 Intel target CPU
Hello, I am a professional software developer and I need to re-compile an old (>24 years) C embedded safety critical application running on a 80186 CPU from Intel and I need to get exactly the same...

Dummy questions from a newbie regarding how to use DMA
Until now I never used a microcontroller with an embedded DMA controller, so I always use the CPU to move data from memory to memory, from memory to peripheral, from peripheral to memory. The micro...
12
12

Linux and dmaengine - problem with checking the number of bytes transferred in a segment
Hi, I'm writing a driver for the device, that transferrs data via AXI Stream in terface in packets with variable length (however the maximum length of the packet is known). The data should be...
1
1

Read-While-Write Flash memory
Linked to my previous post, here I'd like to discuss another topic related to persistent variables. Some years ago I used microcontrollers with internal EEPROM memory or I used external serial I2C...
9
9

DAA suggestions
Pointers to reference designs for v.90, FAX, etc. to get an idea of what the line interface should look like?
8
8