Subject Author Posted Replies

objdump -S doesn't include source for all modules
I'm cross-compiling for the SPARC/Leon3 processor under WinXP/msys or WinXP/cygwin, both with the same problem: there are many modules compiled with a Makefile (same CFLAGS for all modules). When...
5
5

a long shot but...
Has anyone out there ever fixed a Mitutoyo Hardmatic HH140 hardness tester? The display shows "busy" forever. Its supposed to show busy for a few seconds, then "0.0" I checked all the easy stuff- no...
2
2

EDK 10.1, timstamp and <sysace_stdio.h> functions in Virtex4
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new in the FPGA and embedded area, and I'm working in an application using the Xilinx ML403 board, and the Xilinx tools ISE and EDK 10.1. I have some questions about that. -Is...

FPGA Videos - Olympics Celebration Sale
Hi all, To celebrate the Beijing Olympics we are doing our Personal Bests with the prices of the BurchED FPGA Videos. If you have not yet purchased the videos and you wanted to get started with FPGAs,...

Embedded Programming Tricks reference
Hi, I remember reading a book or website (or even a long article) on fast embedded programming tricks. Along the lines of "divide by 10, shift left three times and add it back to itself". Of course...
1
1

PIC18f452 Program Memory Problem
Hi, I've got a bootloader for the pic18f - The following function is ok for the pic18f8722 i'm using to write to prog memory. //load the holding registers for (counter = 0; counter < counter++) { *((...
1
1

eee pc? no eee box!
Is this where PC boxes are heading? $400USD for a PC that runs on 20W of power, and can bolt to the back of an LCD monitor. It's the Asus EEE revolution doing it's thing again. what's more, they are...
22
22

Embedded dlls or linkable modules question
Hi, I am beginning an embedded project based on the gcc C++ toolset and would like to be able to have software modules that are loadable seperately from my main program. Kind of like embedded dynamic...
4
4

computer architecture- VLIW vs superscalar
Why does a superscalar architecture consumes more power compared to a VLIW computer...?'
3
3

68705U/R , misc register function
I am studying mc68705R/U3 chip which has a miscellaneous register at address $00A (or 10). I could not find any info. about the function of each BIT of that register. even Motorolla old manual just...
4
4

Large drive without partitions
I've got a wierd problem that maybe someone here may have run into. Windows related but tied to embedded file systems. We've got a third party file system on large USB hard drives and small...
10
10

Gordon the robot controlled by living brain
Gordon the robot controlled by living brain: Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: Contact Page: Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
1
1

Unale to burn the the u-boot in NOR flash
Hi, I am new to in using any debugger tool. I have a board smdk2334, which is not having any bootloder. I want to burn u-boot on "NOR" flash. I am using trace32 for thin. I have got the batch file ""...

powerpc-eabispe build error
Hi, I am getting following error while compiling C code using powerpc-eabispe-gcc compiler in Windows-XP cygwin environment. fatal error: can't open...

MPC5200B Startup
I'm filling in for someone who's on vacation on a PowerPC project at a company which I did a previous PowerPC project years ago - but I haven't used the PowerPC since, and this member of the family is...
2
2