Subject Author Posted Replies

When to use Buffers for devices connected to Address and Data Bus
I am working with 80c196kc; I have connect 7 to 8 chips to the address and data bus of the microcontroller, including two RAMS(AS7c256) and 6 latches(74hc373). Question is, should i be using a...
2
2

ARM assembler: labels
Hello, I observed often that some assembler code may look like this: label1: label2: instruction1 instruction2 .... is there any special reason to have two labels in a row? It is GNU assembler, but I...
5
5

Writing data on CF card using EDK 10.1 and xilfatfs
Hi there, I'm making a kind of sniffer for a small network with very low traffic. I need to capture the traffic and store the packets in a permanent storage medium. At this time I'm using the ML403...

Embest UnetIce with Gcc / Insight
Has anyone here any experience with the Embest UnetIce product. I understand UnetIce uses adf (Angel Debug Protocol), which gdb supports, but wonder if there are any issues with the network connection...

Cheap way of mounting a BGA chip
Anyone know of any low cost way of mounting a BGA chip? I tried to inquire about this with a board manufacturer. I told them I'd like to get a couple of 200+ pin bga chips mounted onto a board and I...
20
20

Orcad is a total piece of dog crap!
Once again, I found a way to lock up Orcad and lose all my changes. The funny thing is, they seem to think that they have a crash recovery procedure even though it doesn't do squat! I have to kill the...
44
44

Simulating USB 2.0 device
We are using a low cost ($1 to $2) USB/LCD uC for a customer. Before committing to several thousand masked ROM dice, they want us to simulate all the codes. Simulating the LCD function is not a...
3
3

Intel HEX format: extended segment address
Hello, I have to implement a reader for the Intel HEX format, and there's something unclear in section 4 of the specification (Extended Segment Address Record). USBA is 16 bits, specifying bits 4-19...
18
18

Java Microcontrollers
Yes, there are things like the Javelin Stamp, the JStamp (based on the aJile chip), the DS-TINI, probably others ... I haven't used any of them. You could presumably also use something like gcj to...
7
7

FTDI USB and MIDI
Hi I was just wondering if anyone had done any previous work, or seen any reference on how to connect PC MIDI over the serial FTDI usb chip. I have downloaded a roland serial midi driver, is this all...
9
9

ARM9 & Wifi & webcam
Hello. I just had bought computer board, processor AT91SAM9260, 64MB ram, 512 MB flash & 8Gb SD card (debian,custom build kernel 2.6.23 witch patches). And I have crazy idea..... question: ndiswrapper...
2
2

Why HMAC better than just hash function?
There is well known method of message authentication method, when in addition to message used HMAC(secret, message_text). Where HMAC is algorithm described in wikipedia. Bruce Schneier in book named...
1
1

declaring an array in embedded C
hi iam new to this embedded field iam had a problem in declaring an array in embedded C..iam using SDCC compiler for compilation..if u know..please pass that information. thank you
6
6

audio driver
Hi all, I need to know the process of configuring and using an audio codec for capturing and playback of live audio in an 8051 platform board. I need pointers to detailed guide ( other than...
1
1

LBA on USB Drive
There's a fascinating thread on this site called SD card - boot sector. CHS being dead might explain why multiplying the Cyl/trk/sectors (CTS?) values on my 2GB flash card don't equate to the disksize...
4
4