Subject Author Posted Replies

Source Control - Again
I'm starting to develop a keen distaste for subversion. It seems when it works, it works well, but it sure has its perculiarities. We have used it with both TortoiseSVN and SmartSVN. For small...
14
14

isp1760 getting port status
we are using ISP1760 along with blackfin processor Iam writing my own code for enumerating internal hub and external device First I connected the usb mouse to external port next,I can successfully...
1
1

Which development board and LCD?
Hi! I am building a simple monitoring system, that would read data from few sensors and display them on a colour 320x240 LCD. As far as the microcontroller goes, I'll probably go with ARM9 or ARM7. Do...
10
10

Atmel NGW100 - Linux and other OSs, and debugging?
I'm getting a freebie Atmel NGW100 Network Gateway Kit shortly, and I had a few questions. I plan to use the board to learn embedded Linux, and also learn some other OSs like FreeRTOS and uC/OS-II,...
5
5

Green Energy Employment Options for an Embedded Engineer?
Hello Everyone, I have about 8 years of experience in hardware and software development. I'm ready to move on to the next level of my career but I would like to do that at some type of energy...

Where does Code Composer Studio store configuration data?
Hi: I run TI's CCS v. 3.3 on Windoze XP in VMware on Linux. I have installed WinXP in a new VM with a bigger virtual disk, along with a new CCS install. I don't want to spend an hour resetting all my...
2
2

Which ARM9 with LCD controller, ethernet, etc
Which ARM has: LCD controller 1024x768 Ethernet uarts, etc min. 200 MHz I need a demo board. Thank you
9
9

PCI problems
Hi there - we are working on a single board computer and having some strange issues. The single board computer is a very strange form factor (not any of the PC-104 variants or anything like that), and...
3
3

Querys regarding Flash File system
Dear all, I am new to flash file some one point me to some basics regarding flash file system?I am not aware whats flash file system and the need for it?Also it will be helpful if someone could let me...
7
7

Cypress EZ-USB FX2 firmware downloading
Hi, I have a Cypress EZ-USB FX2 USB mass storage device. AFAIK firmware is only allowed to be downloaded to either the external EEPROM or internal RAM when the device either 1) Does not have an...
6
6

SCM tips
1
1

Serial port problem on ARM board
Hi, I bought a ARM920T based dev. board from couple weeks ago. It came with a manual and in these days I"m following the manual to test it, now I get a problem. I am using Windows VISTA OS on Dell...
1
1

Code security on modern 32bit embedded processors
Wondered what the state of the art is on keeping embedded code secret. Who does it better these days? I see some secure processors from Atmel and a few others, but they seem more oriented to securing...
3
3

multiple soldering tips
Does anyone know where to get a special tip so I could solder a 14, 16, or 18 pin dip all pins at once? Failing that, would a custom copper tip with electroless nickel plating work, or is there some...
7
7

How to design non blocking device drivers?
Hi all, I would like to understand how to design drivers in such a way that its non blocking? To be more specific,If suppose I have an EEPROM device and two tasks are trying to write some data to the...
10
10