Subject Author Posted Replies

When does it become a "new project"? (was FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS in a Medical Device)
If I recall correctly (don't have the price sheet here in front of me), the $45K is for a single product, single CPU, single compiler, or something close to that. That always raises the interesting...
2
2

What about uC/OS-II? (was: FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS in a Medical Device)
A couple of years ago, I was sort of peripherally involved in a DO-178B Level C project that used MicroC/OS-II. I don't know for sure what the costs were but I believe they were in the thousands...
6
6

FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS in a Medical Device
Our team is working on the early stages of development of a class 2 medical device using a low-end ARM7 controller. Our plan is to do much of the preliminary development using FreeRTOS and then...
57
57

USB basics
Hello All, I have two questions. They might be very basic and foolish :) I use In circuit emulators and debuggers regularly. One of the constant problems I face is when the MS WindowsXP fails to...
17
17

STBLIT
Hello Sirs / Madams I m vikrant working in ST 5105 chip for STB UI designing along with Drawing Should u plz tell me tat is it possible that by using Single blit drawing in Blit Engine , i get the...

Ethernet: How/where to start? (Microchip)
Hi all, I want to be able to use Ethernet in my projects but I'm so overwhelmed by its complexity that I don't know where to go. I've read and watch most of the information at I'm aware of the new...
7
7

Power PC 555 -- tpu
Hello, We are searching high and low for a set of header files (and C files?) for the powerpc 555. tpu_pta.h is what we know we need. I think there is also an associated C file (tpu_pta.c) but I'm not...
2
2

AVR ADC multiplexer
Hi all, I'm trying to sample the AVR's ADC on 3 channels at 8kHz, 8kHz and 16kHz respectively. I've set up a 32kHz interrupt on an 8MHz clock using timer0 (prescale=1, count to 250), and within the...
19
19

remote controlled audio mixer/equalizer project
Greetings, I would appreciate some suggestions for implementing a stand-alone audio mixer/equalizer box using commodity components, in the shortest development time at the least possible cost. I am...
8
8

How could i play svf file correctly ?
Hi folks, When trying to execute my SVF file , Impact software provided by Xilinx issues errors like : ScanDR 32 TDI(00000000) TDO(F286E093) Mask(0FFFFFFF) Smask(FFFFFFFF) ERROR:iMPACT - Failed...

Reliability of components
I'm working on a design at the moment where the reliability of the circuit needs to be calculated. I've seen some datasheets where the reliability data (MTBF, component life time, etc) is listed, but...
11
11

ANN: New ARM Cortex-M3 in Arduino format
We have developed a board which has an ARM Cortex-M3 micro in the Arduino format. This is definitely not an official board, and by using a 72MHz 32-bit processor with 512KByte of Flash we guaranteed...
4
4

USB - using endpoints with ping-pong attributes (dual bank)
Hi, The datasheet for the AT91SAM7X256 says: "Warning: When RX_DATA_BK0 and RX_DATA_BK1 are both set, there is no way to determine which one to clear first. Thus the software must keep an internal...

AVRStudio questions
Hello, I have some questions regarding AVR development using AVRStudio where I couldn't get answers from google and friends. - how to integrate my own tools into the tools menu I want to execute...
1
1

FPGA board - Avnet's $39 board?
Help? I'm looking for a board like the Avnet "$39 Spartan-3A board" mentioned all over the web: . This board seems to be stamped out of pure unobtanium sheets but it does seem to be exactly what I...
10
10