Subject Author Posted Replies

Cell Phone Sniffing Dogs
This caught my eye: My question is what exactly a dog can smell. Is it the plastic, the battery, something from the circuit boards, etc.? I'd be curious why this is effective. The Lizard
1
1

OT - is there any decent DVD burning software? (+RANT)
I just spent 2 days with Nero 9. I read the reviews and lots of mags said it was better than Roxio 2009. Well - Nero 9 SUCKS - SUCKS - SUCKS - SUCKS - SUCKS! A 540MB download that doesn't include any...
10
10

mb-gcc: Crosscompiled or any pachages availabe?
Hello, I have searched the web with different aspects, but didn't find a precompiled Microblaze mb-gcc package, neither for linux nor for win32. Does everybody compile for himself? Thanks -- Uwe...

Why use Logo for businesses?
Your company needs a physical recognition to display itself and that is where the need of a logo design is felt. is a good approach to represent a business and also easy to remember. Your logo needs...

Best Prometric and Pearson VUE Test center in Bangal ore ( For the certification of Microsoft, Sun, CISCO, Exin - ITIL, IBM, HP, Citrix, etc.)
Best Prometric and Pearson VUE Test center in Bangalore ( For the certification of Microsoft, Sun, CISCO, Exin - ITIL, IBM,=A0HP, Citrix, etc.) Hi, Greetings from Everonn!!!! Are you looking for the...
2
2

[VERY OT] Is everybody here over 35? If not, do you know what Usenet is?
I have cable access at home and in the office - approx 1mile apart and using the same ISP although one is a residential account and one is a business account. Usenet access from home (where I am...
79
79

Hotel Accommodations
offers cheap hotel rates worldwide. Lowest hotel rates are guaranteed for most hotels. Lists hotel pictures, ratings, descriptions and amenities for 65,000 hotels. Toll-free travel agents are...

What latency is needed in a RTOS?
I just read that Linux with the RT patch can get latencies as low as 10uS, whilst a 'real' RTOS can get latencies down to 0.1uS. For safety critical systems (i.e. ABS braking system) or factory...
20
20

Sound Wave kindly help
Hello everyone, The following question is more related to DSP. What exactly is a sound wave or music. When one plays an instrument then sounds of different frequencies come out of different...
2
2

Comp science student and Embedded
Hello everybody, I am a computer science student and in the final year of my engineering. I want to know whether people from comp science get good jobs in embedded systems or not or how can a comp...
46
46

GNUPro Development, v850
Hello, I am new to GNUPro development. I am trying to create a very simple test program (just setting an output pin to high) for the NEC v850ES (?PD70F3718). Unfortunately I have troubles getting the...
84
84

Best Prometric and Pearson VUE Test center in Bangalore ( For the certification of Microsoft, Sun, CISCO, Exin - ITIL, IBM, HP, Citrix, etc.)
Best Prometric and Pearson VUE Test center in Bangalore ( For the certification of Microsoft, Sun, CISCO, Exin - ITIL, IBM, HP, Citrix, etc.) Hi, Greetings from Everonn!!!! Are you looking for the...

Announcement: New version of C-Code generator from UML state charts
Hello list readers, a new version of the sinelabore codegenerator is available for download. SinelaboreRT generates C-Code from UML state charts. The UML state charts can be designed with the Cadifra...
6
6

When does it become a "new project"? (was FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS in a Medical Device)
If I recall correctly (don't have the price sheet here in front of me), the $45K is for a single product, single CPU, single compiler, or something close to that. That always raises the interesting...
2
2

What about uC/OS-II? (was: FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS in a Medical Device)
A couple of years ago, I was sort of peripherally involved in a DO-178B Level C project that used MicroC/OS-II. I don't know for sure what the costs were but I believe they were in the thousands...
6
6