Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: AMD vs. Intel Processors
I'm considering picking up an HP laptop with an AMD processor. I'm assuming two things: a)There won't in general be any issues (i.e. no software I can't run, that kind of thing). b)The processors...
5
5

Source for analog joystick pots?
Ideas? These used to be available as surplus EVERYWHERE when they were used in Apple and PC joysticks - a simple 2-axis stick with 10k linear taper pots on each axis, and a threaded handle. Typically...
5
5

Building a simple command line interface
I am attempting to write a command line interface for my embedded application (LM3S1439 based). I would like some advice on how to best approach it. Some of my specifications would be: -the CLI should...
9
9

Selection of an appropriate wireless network topology
Dear Sirs, I'm considering now my final year project on electronics eng. The project is a wireless indoor network of inexpensive low-power devices, that have to communicate with a main unit, connected...
4
4

A Math Question (really!)
I think it's Aleph null, actually. (I think that's what you had in mind when you wrote Aleph 1.) First of all, you need to make clear the difference between your work, and the application (by others)...
38
38

ARM and GNU
Hi, I am using an ARM9(AT91SAM9RL64) core and intend to design a GUI for the Project. I am using Eclipse (along with the yagarto toolchain) for coding. The X libraries(normally associated with Linux)...
4
4

RS232 interface
hi......... iam doing ADC using ADC is 12bit. NOW i have to send that 12bit output data to PC, my problem is that in PIC we have only 8bit data transmit register , but i have to send this 12 digital...
17
17

Surplus PCM-4894s
Hi, I have several PCM-4894 SBCs and am open to offers. Location: Ireland. Also, 12" "Toughtouch" and controllers.
7
7

Link between AT91SAM9263 Mac and Phy
Hello All, I am doing a project to establish a link betwen AT91SAM9263 MAC and Teridian MicroPHY. I am a beginner in this field. I have U boot code which provides interface configuration between...

ARM Linux & PrimeCell PL011
Hello [ ARM926EJ-S, PrimeCell PL011 block implementing serial ports ] looks like I've resolved the problem posted here MMU seems to initialize correctly, kernel doesn't hang on MMU code in head.S, but...

Looking for a bit of guidance
Hia, first time poster, long time fan of this site and its multiple links to all things useful :) Anyway, Ive been handed a project around the MPC5604P processor from Freescale, with no documentation...
15
15

reading data from a FT245BM
Hello, I am totally new to USB (well, at least to the darkness inside ;-( I have to read data from an FPGA located behind the TD245. My question i : who begins the data transfer? if I program the FPGA...
1
1

TMS470 with IAR C++ Compiler
Hi all. I'm trying to use C++ and IAR for TMS470 uC's but I'm getting some weird troubles with C++. For example: I have a simple test code to receive CAN frames using interrupts. It compiles ok but...
8
8

Earthlink?
Hi The last time I asked a question boy I really opened a hornets nest. Hope this doesn't do it too. First I am no computer whiz. I know enough to use apps etc. That being said here is my new...
5
5

Testing a TR 069 CPE device
Hi All, I am new to TR of our project is to develop a CPE stack to communicate with ACS.I want to do testing for the entire there any testing toll available for this.What will be the scope of testing...