Subject Author Posted Replies

Where do you guys go to talk about embedded Product Design?
Just wondering where people who make small embedded consumer products where they discuss questions concerning packaging, materials, glues, screws, surface finishies, injection molding, silkscreening...
4
4

Industry oriented & certified VLSI Design Training with placement assistance
Professional Development Course in VLSI & Embedded System Design from Sandeepani School of VLSI Design a division of CoreEL Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd. (Formerly CG-Coreel). Bangalore. The program is...

Recommend MCU with Eth MAC and USB high speed
Hi, I'm developing a communication application and I need a MCU that performs the communication interface part. Mainly what I need is a MCU with a 100 MAC ethernet and a USB 2.0 high speed (full speed...
6
6

24 bit ADC interfacing with ARM using I2S
hi, i want to interface 24 bit ADC interfacing with ARM using I2S protocol. i am using ADC CS5361.if i shall enable 32 bit word width. then how can it read 24 bit it will change WS after recieving 32...
11
11

India set to follow cheap car with US $10 laptop
what do you guys think. is it do-able. china is selling $98 laptops in the market. but based on MIPS not intel. ------ India set to follow cheap car with UKP 7 laptop The government-developed computer...
6
6

Test case for hard disk reliability
Ask the HD manufacturers. Really. This is a big issue for PVRs and other video devices, where the drives are on 24x7 and often thrashed within an inch of their lives while recording two programs and...
1
1

How to interface PC and FPGA through USB 2.0
Hi, I want to write a C++ code that will allow for the communication between a USRP board (a hardware device that is used for making Software Defined Radio. It captures the actual data on which...
3
3

peculiar input current problem
Hello, I am using a DC-DC converter from DATEL ( BWR-15/670-D12A). The inputs are +15V and the outputs are +15V and -15V. The converter can give upto 670mA of output current on both +15V and -15V...
3
3

Not able to boot from NAND
We are not able to boot from NAND flash on our custom board with the following hardware. AT91SAM9263 64 MB NAND flash (Page size: 512 byte + 16 byte). (Company: ST/numynox) 64 MB SDRAM 2. The...
3
3

custom VID/PID help
can anybody help me...? I hv 1 FT232BM chip and EEprom 93lc46. I am configuring my EEPROM using Eprog 3.0 software. In that I do change with my own VID and PID both and downloading it to EEPROM. and...
1
1

Programming a self test for a SPI FLASH memory?
Hello I need to program a self test for a SPI FLASH memory in an embedded system. How should I do that. Should I first erase the memory (sets all bytes to 0xFF), then write 0x00 to all bytes, verify,...
11
11

Implementation of Xilinx Aurora protocol with error correction
Hi, I implemented an Aurora link layer using I am concerned about reliability and want to implement a 64-Bit or 32-Bit Hamming Code to enable error detection and correction. Now I am wondering if that...
3
3

Subsample and Interpolation in hardware using LUT??
Hi all, I read a technical report and get confused. I would like to ask you guys for help. In the technical report, they discribe a method to use LUT-based approach for approximately implementing a...
5
5

Guarantee Critical Regions in Portable code. Portable Semaphores?
Hi, I am creating an Open-Source thread-safe FAT file-system implementation called FullFAT. ( ( The library is ultimately designed to be portable across anything that can compile C code. I am...
58
58

[CfP] Seventh Workshop on Intelligent Solutions in Embedded Systems (WISES'09)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Call for Papers Apologize for any duplicates! Manuscript Submission Deadline: March 16, 2009...