Subject Author Posted Replies

Speaking of Multiprocessing...
I recall a discussion about the design of an instruction set architecture where someone was saying an instruction was required to test and set a bit or word as an atomic operation if it was desired to...
40
40

Total Frustration with TI
I have a couple of MSP-EXP430FR4133 launchpads that I wish to use for a project. I picked these devices over an FPGA board because I thought it would be easier. Now, I'm finding I can't even get...
11
11

Position : GE Devops role
Dear vendor partner., Position : GE Devops role Location: San Ramon Client: Harman / GE Client is particularly looking for the following skill set combination - AWS + Jenkins pipeline as code +...
2
2

Guest Webinar: Leveraging SQL to easily build Smart, Data-Driven, Connected IoT Devices
Join our upcoming guest webinar by ITTIA Database Software and Toradex, whe re you will be introduced to methods of building firmware that utilizes dat a management platforms using standard features...

Cloud? IoT? How to start
I'd like to start learning the modern paradigm of IoT and Cloud. My first impression is that they are "empty words" without a precise meaning: you can fill the "word" as you want. I want to start from...
38
38

CRC calculation
Hello, I'm working on a 16bit microcontroller. I need to check for flash corruption. Flash is adressed at words (16bits). The linker calculate a CRC_CCITT and put the result in a cell of the flash....
11
11

MSP430g2553 and Matlab
Dear All; I am making red round object tracking project by using MSP430G2553 and Matlab. When red round object moves, a car will track red round object. Project is consist of from two parts as image...
4
4

Ti Pi Week Rounded to 5 Days
I guess that's one day per digit in the usual pi value 3.14159... oh wait! They're one day short!!! I tried to order the MSP-EXP430FR4133 under the Pi-week special which requires entering a coupon...
3
3

Automotive Software and the Law
AFAIK there are no laws that regulate automotive software, specifically -- just threats of lawsuits if a car kills someone, and systems-level requirements that cover cases like Volkwagen and their...
25
25

Watchdog for an embedded Linux-based system
I have a Linux-based SOM that intregrates complexity (CPU, memories, Ethernet PHY and so on) and I'm going to design a carrier board for it. I'd like to add an external watchdog on the carrier board...
11
11

Language feature selection
A quick/informal/UNSCIENTIFIC poll: What *single* (non-traditional) language feature do you find most valuable in developing code? (and, applicable language if unique to *a* language or class of...
199
199

Telephony Abbreviations
4WTO - Four wire transmission only In the context I see this I expect it really means bidirectional analog audio with no handshake signals. Is that right? I can't find a definition for this other than...
4
4

CFP: The 2017 International Workshop on Embedded Multicore Systems (ICPP-EMS 2017)
Apologies for multiple posting. ========================= ========================= =================== ICPP-EMS'2017 The 2017 International Workshop on Embedded Multicore Systems to be held in...

68K disasm
An old client contacted me to "decompile" some 68K code for a product line he purchased (but failed to verify that ALL the sources were available! So, there are portions of the production image that a...
5
5

Clock cycles
Hi all: I have been stuck on this problem for a while - can someone help me figure this out? For the following instruction, the instruction set manual says it should take 5 clock cycles, whereas...
6
6