Subject Author Posted Replies

W65C02S, Z80, 80C31 or other legacy processor?
Would like some input from legacy dudes :) I've been tasked with designing a small educational computer that has to contain entirely "macroscopic" components (i.e. DIP). Further, the memory must be...
91
91

68hc12 TOVF interrupt problems ICC12
I'm trying to get the timer overflow interrupt working on the hc12 dp256b but so far I haven't had any luck. The overflow interrupt is never generated in my program(used a breakpiont in isr) and I...
3
3

microcontroller recommendations
I am planning to design a power wheelchair with touchpad control to help disable people,who have stroke,to control the wheelchair easily.Which microcontroller will be the best linking for touchpad...
5
5

Looking for a good programming tutorial for ARM beginners
I am looking for a good programming tutorial (and/or a good introduction tutorial) for ARM processors. I treat myself as a beginner in this area. I had limited experience on 68K and MCS-51 before....
5
5

low-power, high capacity data queue design ideas
So I have to design a low-power data queuing system. I've never done a low power design, so I though I'd come to this newsgroup to solicit a few ideas. I'm going to be continuously receiving data at...
8
8

Can a disk sector span multiple partitions?
Is it always, infallibly, 100% true that a disk sector is entirely contained within a single partition? If it matters, I'm concerned about ext3 partitions on a CompactFlash card. Thanks, Adam
3
3

Remote access from Internet
Hi all, A residential/light-industrial power device has a simple web interface which allows monitoring and configuring it, upgrading firmware etc. The usual stuff. Device is running eCos and web...
39
39

cutting down opb_clk cycles while read-write BRAM-DDR in FPGA
Hello all, I am working on a project which involves a simple BRAM, OPB-PLB, Microblaze/PPC, and opb_ddr_sdram controller. I am reading 1280 bytes of data from bram (32 bits each read, thus a total of...
1
1

CPU recommendations?
Hi All, I'm starting a new embedded control project soon, it looks fairly simple so far, read some analog and digital inputs and provide some PRM, digital & serial RS485 outputs. Sampling at about...
54
54

Are you worried about slowdown and not able to decide what to do?
Are you worried about slowdown and not able to decide what to do? It is the right time to enhance your skills in line with your area of interest & background. So don=92t wait till the market improves,...

linux kernel
hi. i have been reading linux kenel source code for a long i want to participate the linux kernel community. is there anyone know how to?
4
4

AVR-GCC options
Hello, I was hoping to know if there is a way to intermix source code with the output of "avr-gcc -S" I know that it is possible to do so with "avr-objdump -S", but I was wondering if there is a way...
3
3

Slightly OT: Damaged Laptop Computer RF Emissions Safe?
Question: I have a very new laptop computer that has taken some mechanical abuse, including flexing the whole chassis. Still works fine. Is there any way to damage a laptop computer where it emits...
4
4

Cross compiling Qt Phonon
Hi folks, Has anyone successfully cross-compile Qt with phonon for ARM target? I suppose I do not need a Qt license to do this, right? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have already got a...

Off-the-shelf embedded 'counter' datalogger
Can anyone recommend some ready to buy boards that are close to having these requirements: -Count 8 digital inputs (at upto 8KHz) -Periodically store counts to memory and reset the counts (say every 5...
2
2