Subject Author Posted Replies

Gumstix: GPP, DSP, GPU?!
Hi all, I read through the gumstix wiki but I still dunno where to start if I want to generate PWMs and read a few ADC with Gumstix Overo. I see that Overo has GPP, DSP and GPU. Up to my...

Silicon bug in Atmega2560?
Hi Guru's, I have come across something weird. I have a bit of code on an Atmega2560 that does three things: is initialises two timers in CTC mode, it initialises the SPI port to talk to an SD card...
7
7

how to initialize the sdram refresh control register?
Hi all, I have a target board with vr4131 processor and K4S561632C-75c samsung sdram, vr4131 has inbuilt sdram controller. Now i have to set the sdram control unit's refresh control register. for that...

Generating sound at microcontroller pin using pwm
hi, I am working on a hobby project to generate sound effects with 89c2051 using PWM. I am able to generate keyboard notes with it by generating pwm signals of different frequencies. But I am at loss...
11
11

Problem Reading Serial Port (RS485)
Hi all, I've a FOX Board (Linux Embedded) with RS485 port, and a Power Counter (RS485 too) that work at 9600E1. With a USB to RS485 cable and windows i can successfully communicate with the Counter,...
3
3

Standard PLC functions in ARM7 ?
We need to design a specific I/O unit with on board Boolean logic. Would be good to use industry standard PC based PLC programming tools (because they are known and existing). Is there ready firmware...
3
3

Recommended UK supplier for PIC chips?
As indicated. I'm after a PIC programming set up, to run on the PC, and to download to the PIC flash either by RS232 or by USB. Ideally to cover a range of PIC pin counts. Price? I anticiapte around...
6
6

GCC440 (arm) : (.data) section is empty in output
Good day, I've noticed that the initialized data section in the program binary is zero bytes, by inspecting the file with 'size': $ arm-none-eabi-size main.out text data bss dec hex filename 56160 0...
5
5

Easy In-System Programming for Atmel ARM7 ?
I have a client who needs to write program hex files to flash in installed AT91SAM2S256 chips. The board is fitted with the standard ARM 20-pin JTAG connector. I'm getting my head around OpenOCD and...
4
4

which low cost fpga for space?
I want to design a space system and don't want to use airspace expensive fpga. considering space radiation I want to make this system fault tolerant. ACTEL is flash-based but in program lost condition...
4
4

homebrew DIY SD-card pinout & driver algorithm ?
tells: And the several pictures show that the card is about 9pins wide and uses 7 wires. But he doesn't give the SD's pin-out. I'm looking for the pinout and the driver algorithm. Can anybody help...
8
8

Omap5912 Wdog timer
Hi, I've been pondering on using the 32Khz watchdog timer in Omap5912. I'm not sure if it is supported in 5912. Any one has been successful in using a watchdog timer on omap5912. Issues: As per the...

Searching SBC/DSP board/microcontroller; 4ADC/1kHz/USB Host
Hello, I am looking for something along the lines of a Single Board Computer (SBC), a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) board, or a microcontroller. Though I am open to any other suggestions, but what I...
11
11

I2C arbitration problems - how can I solve them
Hi, I am currently working on an I2C interface (student project). The normal arbitration process seems to be clear for me but in some specific cases I have some problems. They are all related to the...
2
2

Need someone to build simple embedded board
Hi, I'm looking for someone with experience to create the hardware for an embedded controller project. A very detailed specification is provided. The job includes creating schematic & PCB layout, and...