Subject Author Posted Replies

Resource constraints as a bound to complexity
Most of my designs have been ultimately constrained by the resources available *in* the design (which, in turn, is usually dictated by price, power and/or size constraints). I've been discussing this...
6
6

Linux embedded: how to avoid corruption on power off
I'm playing with a Raspberry system, however I think my question is about Linux embedded in general. We all know that the OS (linux or windows or whatever) *should* be gracefully powered down with a...
28
28

Guest webinar: How to perform advanced debugging on Heterogeneous ARMĀ® Cortex Systems
Join the next webinar by Toradex on how ARM DS-MDK simplifies software deve lopment on heterogeneous devices by enabling in a single environment, a Cor tex-M bare-metal debug, Linux kernel debug, and...

MCU mimicking a SPI flash slave
Hi folks- I'm hoping to tap into your various experiences to see if what I'm thinking is practical. Our customer has a device into which a Datakey is plugged to extract data stored in the device. The...
120
120

Extension of OpenMPCon Submission Deadline
Do you have something to share with the OpenMP community? Submit a short ab stract by June 15 to OpenMPCon for an opportunity to present! The deadline to submit a talk for OpenMPCon 2017 has been...

ARM Cortex Mx vs the rest of the gang
Hi So, considering going the Cortex Mx route for project with new microcontrollers at our firm. Has anyone a feeling/information about the development speed of the ARM Cortex Mx series vs the rest of...
56
56

Portable Assembly
Someone in another group is thinking of using a portable assembler to write code for an app that would be ported to a number of different embedded processors including custom processors in FPGAs. I'm...
94
94

Override i2c_register_board_info
Hi, I am checking if there is a mechanism that can override the functionality of i2c_register_board_info for sysfs based registration of devices. Does any reference exists in some form in the current...
1
1

Populating device list in sysfs, probe invocation - device driver customization / integration
Hi, I have been trying to customize few i2c drivers and integrate it with a pla tform based on Intel Atom processor. Tried to use the i2c_add_driver concep t based on MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE inturn using...

Sync to Android frame rate
Hi Folks (and pardon me if I'm not on topic)- I'm looking for a way to synchronize some code activity to the Android display frame rate. It's a short bit of code that will simply set the color of a...
9
9

Re: QF72 story - wow
If the actual causes were 50/50, but some pilots died, I suspect that lack of evidence would bias the results. Jan Coombs
3
3

[OT] I got a JOB!!!
Since this is a newsgroup, and this is news... Wescott Design Services is going into remission, while I pursue a day job. Job title is Software Designer 5 at Planar Systems -- so any circuit design or...
64
64

The Embedded Muse 329
Just found this in J.Ganssles Embedded Muse: "Without requirements and design, programming is the art of adding bugs to an empty text file." - Louis Srygley
5
5

What are people using for single-board computers these days?
Got curious after a question on -- is there a unified SBC market, or is it totally splattered? 20 years ago if someone said "industrial SBC" then there was probably a PC-104 board in the mix, and if...
6
6

Play an audio stream with a Cortex-M0+
I need to reproduce a short audio stream with a Cortex-M0+ MCU (it's SAM D21E from Atmel/Microchip). The audio bitstream will be stored in an external SPI Flash memory (I need to manage many short...
3
3