Subject Author Posted Replies

Do I need to write my own host side USB driver for a CDC device?
I have tried looking at a variety of websites but so far Google has not been my friend. I am having trouble finding out whether I need to write my own device driver for the various windows/linux/mac...
5
5

Unable to "Disable Watchdog" for F2812 target
Hi, I am trying to develop an application to perform Flash operations for F2812 target with Parallel Port using Commandline mode. When i use the SDFlash Utilty (SDFlash.exe) directly, there were no...
1
1

ARM7-based AutoCAD slide viewer demo
A vector graphics processing demo program written using Oberon-07 can be seen on YouTube: The hardware used in this example is the ThaiEasyElec 'BlueScreen' board - a self-contained 320 * 240...

Interfacing S1D13A04 Epson LCD controller chip to Atmel AP7001 EBI
Hello-- I'm in the process of designing a new embedded system using the Atmel AP700x series of 32-bit embedded processors. There are currently three processors in this series: (1) AP7000, (2) AP7001,...
5
5

Unable to handle kernel paging request at vitual address
I am using Linux kernel 2.6.28 on at91sam9263, using arm-none-eabi-gcc (also tried arm-linux-gcc-4.3.3). when I load kernel its show me following message and kernel get crash. I do remember that i...
1
1

Need architecture for usb to usb bridge
I need to build a custom usb to usb bridge. At a high level it is like a one port hub with custom logic in the middle. So I need 2 usb ports, one host and one device, and a programable MCU. It needs...
17
17

x86 TLB and cache for page directory
For x86 ,as we know ,page directory and page table can be cached in TLB,but it can also be cached in data cache accordding to whether pcd is clear in cr3.What's the relationship between TLB and data...

BIOS vs bootloader
Hi I am trying to understand the difference between a BIOS and bootloader from an embedded system's perspective. In particular, the system we are designing will have no hard disk and uses a NAND flash...
4
4

RS485 - MODBUS or PROFIBUS or ....
I am going to work on a project involving multiple devices on the same network(3 or more). One device will have user input and display(master). The other devices(slaves) will just collect sensory data...
44
44

MS Windows Vista Home Premium SP-1 (32 bit)
I have one HP Pavilion dv2000 Laptop with 2GB Ram, 150 GB HDD, AMD Turion Precessor (1.9 GHz). Previously while typing the prompt was being invisible for couple of seconds, after that it was at the...

Denx Linux 2.6.19.2 and MicroSys CR825/PM827
Hi all, I use BuildRoot and Linux 2.6.19.2 (Denx kernel) on a MicroSys CR825/ PM827 board, but Linux didn't recognize my 32M flash (4 Intel 28F640C3). I have also tried the pm82x_defconfig profile but...

Looking for ARM linux chip
Looking for ARM linux chip -------------------------- What I want is something readily available with 'normal' type of pins (i.e. not BGA and anything easily hand soldered and/or reworked in the Far...

Power MOSFET Circuit Help
What is the purpose of using a power MOSFET in the main voltage input of a circuit? Why not just directly connect the main voltage input to a power supply? Why go through the MOSFET? I am trying to...
4
4

Toggling GPIO Pins very quickly
Hey everyone, I'm working with an MSP430f2012 chip and am tryign t generate a delta sigma bitstream using a gpio pin. Unfortunatly whenever try to toggle the pin at a rate faster than 10kHz, the pin...
2
2

Armaide v2.1 Release News
Version v2.1 of Armaide, the Oberon-07 development system targeting NXP's LPC2xxx range of 32-bit microcontrollers has been released: New features include: Local dynamic arrays - these allow you to...