Subject Author Posted Replies

Cypress EZ USB FX2 I/O Problems
Hi, I'm trying to read data from I/O port C on the FX2 development board into my computer and then immediately write the received data back onto port E using the CyAPI library. I'd like to be able to...
4
4

LCD refresh rates
I've got a synchronous LCD that is rated at 60Hz but I'd like to run it at either 45Hz or 30Hz to save power/memory bandwidth. My concern is that this will affect the contrast ratio of the display, as...
2
2

Program LPC2478 external flash via JTAG
Does anyone know if it is possible to program external flash via the JTAG on a LPC2478 using the Keil environment? I have been doing this with the STR710 but this device has dedicated address, data...

2D array of std_logic_vector in VHDL
Hello all. I am new to VHDL and I was looking for help crating a 2D array of std_logic_vectors and initilizing it. i think i got the first part correct, as there were no errors compiling and...
1
1

GNU Cross compilation toolchain for MPC8641/MPC8641D
Hi, I'm trying to create a cross compilation tool chain for MPC8641/MPC8641D.Which is the --target option for this processor? In the below link which target type shall i choose Please help Regards,...
4
4

Interfacing NAND flash to EBI
Hello-- I recently got contacted off-list by someone who is creating an embedded system with NAND flash and the SAM9XE processor. I'm posting this solution here on this list to perhaps help others who...

Using LCD panel
I found an ancient piece of hardware. An old notebook with a 10" 800x600 LCD. Is it hard to drive a notebook LCD with some SBC or FPGA? Are there standards for this? Atilla
9
9

Antti-Brain JULY Issue released
Hi grab it here (no registration required) This time a little non FPGA stuff also included, Audio Processing and well see this!! a PIC microcontroller too! (I am much more AVR fun) ok, i cheated a...

USB 2.0 hub chip
I want to modify a laptop to fit an internal USB flash drive. While there's USB available inside all the ports are used, so I need to insert a two port hub in between one of them so I can break out...
8
8

accessing a mobile phone camera
I have a sony ericsson p1i mobile phone. Me and my friends plan to write an application that can access the web camera of the phone and show the video on a computer. I have some driver writing...
2
2

Best Value for Schematic Capture & Layout Software ???
The high end is of course Orcad, for $10,000. The low end has free Eagle, but its pretty cryptic. What is out there in between that is good quality? Looking to spend $1000-$2000 for a small startup on...
53
53

IEEE 1284 (parallel port) slave to USB
Hi, i need to find a chipset that converts from parallel slave port protocol to USB. does this exist? you may say 1284 is a dying market. but unfortunately, some ppl are still using it. so the idea...
22
22

CFP: 2nd Workshop on GCC Research Opportunities (GROW '10, Pisa Jan 2010)
**************************************************************************** CALL FOR PAPERS 2nd Workshop on GCC Research Opportunities (GROW '10) January 23, 2010, Pisa, Italy (co-located with HiPEAC...

Do I need to write my own host side USB driver for a CDC device?
I have tried looking at a variety of websites but so far Google has not been my friend. I am having trouble finding out whether I need to write my own device driver for the various windows/linux/mac...
5
5

Unable to "Disable Watchdog" for F2812 target
Hi, I am trying to develop an application to perform Flash operations for F2812 target with Parallel Port using Commandline mode. When i use the SDFlash Utilty (SDFlash.exe) directly, there were no...
1
1