Subject Author Posted Replies

Y2038 bug on embedded platform
I'm using facilities to manage timestamps of events. The platform is ARM Cortex-M3 (LPC1788) and I'm using MCUXpresso IDE (so arm-gcc toolchain). I configured the IDE to use newlib-nano library. It's...
3
3

U-blox Tech Day Seattle 2017, United States
Attend the upcoming u-blox Tech Day Seattle to learn more about working wit h u-blox to develop your project in any or all of the following 3 segments: Positioning, Short Range Radio, Cellular...

NXP Smarter World Tour 2017, United States
NXP's Smarter World Tour brings the Internet of Things to life, with more than 150 demos that include smart home automation, consumer products, wearables, automotive, industrial and more. Toradex will...

Digital mic sharing on two MCUs
Hi there- I have a design inquiry that involves interfacing a pair of digital MEMs PDM microphones to two different MCU's (one for wake word processing and another for speech processing after waking)....
7
7

Engineering degree for embedded systems
I am applying for university right now and I am wondering which engineering degree is better for working on embedded systems and IOT: "Computer engineering" vs "electronics and communication...
75
75

Efficient debug log
I usually prints some messages on a free UART used as a debug port. They are very useful during debugging to understand the flow of execution. Most of the time, I don't compile the debug log facility...
14
14

Datakey silicon inside
Hi folks- Does anybody know what memory devices are embedded in the Datakey memory tokens? For example, this part: which is from I'm pretty sure these devices are just embedded serial EEPROMs but...
6
6

Guest webinar: Demystifying Device Tree for NXP® i. MX Processors
Join the next guest webinar by Toradex with Embedded Labworks on demystifyi an NXP i.MX SoC based System on Module, this webinar will demonstrate how t o use a device tree on an embedded Linux...

Intel BayTrail E3805 - Serial IO (SIO) - I2C in linux kernel 3.16-lts
Hi, Can someone kindly let me know on the method of enabling driver for Processor Serial IO (SIO) - I2C in linux kernel 3.16-lts for Intel BayTrail E3805. Can you please confirm whether the driver is...
3
3

Camera I/F's
I hacked together my "IP cameras" using some web cams for which I was able to track down some FOSS i/f implementation documentation. This was OK for a proof of concept. But, I now have to settle on...
12
12

FTP (or similar) over serial port of an embedded linux system
Maybe this question should be posted in a linux development group, however the use of a serial port is more typical in an embedded environment, so I try to post here. I have an embedded Linux box...
8
8

Customizable Embedded 3D Surround View Turn-Key Solution on Apalis iMX6 SoM
Toradex's partner TES Electronic Solutions GmbH presents a customizable 3D Surround View Turn-Key solution based on the Toradex Apalis iMX6 SoM that c an be quickly adapted concerning the specific...

FreeRTOS and newlib - comments requested
I'd appreciate any comments from those of you who have used (or tried to use) this combo, especially if I've gotten anything wrong or missed anything... Thanks in advance, Best Regards, Dave
20
20

stm32f103rct6 with more ram then expected
Hi, Some time ago, I boght a cheap devboard from a well known Chinese webshop with a STM32F103RCT6 chip on it. According to the datasheets, that chip has 48 KB of RAM and 256 KB of flashrom. However,...
7
7

Is there a process for secure firmware install/upgrade for device made offshore?
Hi Recently more and more companies want to add security (authentication and/o r encryption) to their devices firmware install/update process. Typically t his is done by storing a secret encryption...
44
44