Subject Author Posted Replies

Micro to drive a TFT LCD
I am looking to drive a 3.5" tft display similar to the one used in the following protoboard. We were considering using the lpc2478 for awhile with its dedicated lcd controller. But I was looking at...
8
8

Microcontroller Recommendations for School Project: Laser Tag
I'm taking a senior design class in college (I'm an Electrical/ Computer Engineering major) and my final project is a laser tag game. My partner and I are trying to pick a good microcontroller for the...
14
14

So much spam, so little time...
. I was only a couple of weeks ago that I would see flagged spam disappear from the yahoo group in a day or two. Now I had to go back to Oct 5 to see the spam deleted much less prevented. Google does...
5
5

LCD SERIAL - PIC16F84A
Hi I'm new here. and I am currently doing a project on Toxic Gas Release Alarm system using PIC. I'm using PIC16f84a and I have used several I/O pins for LEDs, speakers & a/d converters. and only I/O...
5
5

LPC2378 USB Mass Storage device problem
Hi to all I have used the keil USB mass storage device example on my LPC2378 board. The firmware works fine until I connect to the USB another board. If the boards are more than one, only the firs...
1
1

Philosophical placement of counter in vhdl
Hello. I normally have the control description (normally a fsm) separate from the datapath. Supposing I need a counter to time the duration of some of the control outputs, for example, enable a shift...

First step into Secure Embedded system
Hi All, Background: I have worked on embedded systems where security or encryption were never used.I just have some text book knowledge about encryption/ decryption and nothing you can assume I am a...
13
13

Anyone know of a micro w/ these features?
Hello, I'm looking for a micro-controller that has the following features, but I' having a heck of a time finding one. -CAN bus -16 GPIO -8 ch 12-14 bit resolution ADC -Low cost Regards, Eddie...
9
9

M25P32 failure
We are using M25P32 flash memory in one of the projects. It is used as a boot memory; normally, it is written only once or twice. However, there is a significant percent of failures; almost 25% of...
7
7

USB-to-parallel port programming
Dear experts, I understand parallel port programming can be quite easily done. I am not sure if USB-to-parallel port programming can be just as easily done. Are the libraries used still the same? Can...
4
4

Where to rent logic analyzer near Toronto, Canada?
I'm having trouble with an EEPROM and an LCD module hooked to an AT91SAM7S256. Software is using the at91lib TWI_* routines that came with an evaluation kit. The program seems to be hanging up on...
16
16

Designing and implementing real-time software - where to start?
Hello, A couple of friends and I are interested in developing a piece of real- time software, which is supposed to run on the LEGO NXT platform. We've already settled on LEJOS and their Java...
3
3

Q: Free embedded FAT32 or NTFS filesystem
Hi, I am looking for a FAT32 or NTFS filesystem for embedded projects. I expect that the source code is written C and free of charge Goggle helped me to find "DOSFS" from As it is not possible for me...
22
22

AT91RM9200 and SPI Dataflash on CS0 - Linux Kernel
Hello, Does somebody have working Linux drivers atmel_spi and mtd_dataflash ? I have AT91RM9200 with 8MB spi dataflash connetcted to SPI CS0. Before I was using at91_spi and at91_dataflash in kernel...

Gigabit Ethernet development boards
Hello there, I am looking gigabit ethernet capable development boards. Can you give me any sugestions? I have found some interesting itens by but I am not sure if this company exists anymore, as I...