Subject Author Posted Replies

GNU-ARM toolchain, no q3 update?
Hello, up to now, there was a quarterly update of the arm-none-eabi toolchain. No such update for q3 yet. Does anybody know what is going on? Thanks -- Uwe Bonnes Institut fuer Kernphysik...
1
1

Beware of GNU-ARM compiler for Cortex-M0/M0+/M1
The popular GNU-ARM toolset has had long-known issues for the Cortex-M0/M0+ /M1 (ARMv6-M architecture). Specifically, people have reported very ineffic ient code generated, see "Cortex M0/M0+/M1/M23...
21
21

Can a piezo buzzer generate damaging voltages?
My team is being asked to find out why a circuit is failing for no obvious reason. The circuit has a piezo buzzer (CEP2242 from CUI, Inc). The buzzer is driven by a MCU driven FET that completes a...
10
10

Online groups and resources for sharing embedded programming source code
I'd like to start a discussion because I'm sure some of you might have some great advice. I'd really like to get better at programming for embedded systems. I see my friend who is a computer science...
3
3

6805 EVM boards Off Topic sorry
I have a customer that is looking for a Motorola 6805 EVM or other devlopment board board. He has an old project that he needs to change. Sorry for the off topic post. Contact me off line w..
6
6

How to get a headless Apache server to join a wireless network
Hi- My request takes me way outside my knowledge area so please pardon my poor vocabulary. I'm working on a headless wireless Apache server device (no mouse, keyboard, or display). I need a way to...
15
15

Embedded Ethernet
There are many MCUs with embedded Ethernet (MAC). It seems most of the open-source examples are lwip-based. I have to design a board with one RS485 port and one Ethernet port. It could be seen as a...
38
38

RabbitWeb and BL2600
Hello, I am currently running BL2600 with Web Server (RabbitWeb). I am little confused with RabbitWeb setup. I DEBUGED and RAN the SAMPLE RabbitWeb program web.c and it ran with no problem. I was able...
1
1

USB VID & PID
I understand that some silicon vendors provide a PID on request such as Microchip, unfortunately I can't see that ST have this sort of policy. What do people do here rather than pay $5k per year for...
1
1

TFT LCD to use outdoor
I'm using a display board from Adafruit [1]. It was ok, until I knew the device will be used outdoor, under the sun. Of course, the visibility of that display outdoor isn't good at all. Any...
3
3

Guest webinar: Secure Over-The-Air Updates
In this webinar, will discuss some of the considerations in desig ning an update system. They will demonstrate best approaches for safely dep loying over-the-air (OTA) software updates for IoT devices...

What Embedded programming engineer responsibility is?
I didn't major in related subject during my uni, so I want to know any other skill than being able to program in C is required to work in this industry.
3
3

Multi-language support on embedded plarforms
[This message is posted to and Just for reference, an embedded platform based on a MCU with integrated Flash, for example a Cortex-Mx device. Here I consider only western languages (left-to-right and...
22
22

Embedded platforms for beginners?
I want to learn Embedded systems, but don't know how to start it, do you recommend any platform to start?
73
73

IDE for STM32f series
A year or two ago I put together an IDE using eclipse, gnu arm tools, openocd with a st link JTAG adaptor. I can't seem to get a working system together, and further more some links aren't working I...
14
14