Subject Author Posted Replies

Micro SD card / MSP430 interface: write problem
Hi everyone, I have interfaced a Micro SD card to a MSP430 microcontroller using the SPI mode. Everything worked perfectly fine but I recently had problems when writing too often into my files. Here...
8
8

audio fingerprinting using fpga
Hi, I have to implement audio fingerprinting in fpga using verilog. As Im new to fpga, Im finding it hard to start with this. Can someone send me any sample codes of audio fingerprinting or any...

mmap returning MAP_FAILED
I am running Linux 2.6.26 on an MPC8248. In my application, mmap is returning MAP_FAILED. The arguments to mmap are start = 0, length = 2680, prot = 3, flags = MAP_SHARED, fd = 5, offset = 0. errno =...
7
7

FPGA Soft Core CPUs
Parts obsolescence is biting again, and at least one of my EEs is insisting that we spin replacement boards with soft-core processors in FPGAs. There are several things I don't like about that. First,...
14
14

Password Protecting SD-Card Data
Anyone know how data on an "Secure" Digital Card can be secured? I'm designing an embedded arm-based board that uses a standard SD/SDHC Card for storage, and I'd like to secure certain partitions by...
1
1

RGMII interface - Rx - Ok, Tx - ?
Hi, I am using a board with RGMII interface and facing some problems w.r.t reception(Rx) and transmission(Tx) of packets. I am trying to diagnose the problem. Is it possible that a port of a RGMII...
4
4

PID autotuning - not working for heating application
Is there a control engineering expert here? I could us a bit of help on how to implement a PID autotune function for a heating application (a small boiler). My current PID autotune function produces...
52
52

Dual Compact Flash datalogger slave card detection
Hello, I'm attempting to modernize a datalogger by upgrading it from a 2.5 inch IDE hard drive to two compact flash cards in a 2.5 inch IDE adapter. My application is actually almost identical to the...
3
3

Artesyn BAJA PPC 750
Does anyone have or know where I can get a schematic for the BAJA PPC 750 ? I've contacted EMerson, but no luck there.... Steve

CPLD + MCU SoC from Cypress, free samples too!
both free samples and 49$ starterkit available, my should be airborn right now somewhere between Paris and my place. The CPLD is small, 190MC, but it still much more then the 16MC availabel in ADI's...
12
12

What coding standard are you using for C?
What coding standard are you using for C (if any)? Like naming variables, functions, constants, globals, locals, types etc.? for example: MyFunction(); myFunction(); My_Function() my_function()...
56
56

Number of Microprocessors in embedded devices
Hi, This is more a marking question but I am wondering if there is somewhere an "official" figure that tells how many of the produced microprocessors are employed in embedded devices and how many in...
8
8

servo motor controller using dspic
Hi, I have to control 2 servo motors with dspic30f3011. I came across a sample code which I have attached below. Im finding it really difficult to understand it and customize it according to my needs....
1
1

Breakpoint event could not be set for TMS320F2808 processor
Hi, I am using digitalspectrum's driver file sdtdrv.dll for TMS320F2808 processor. There is some problem setting a software breakpoint at '_main' as it always return FALSE. If anyone has any input for...

New version 1.7 of UML state machine code generator
Hello list readers, The new version now supports generation of C / C++ / nesC / ObjC / Ada code. SinelaboreRT was built especially with embedded real-time systems in mind. Generated code can run even...