Subject Author Posted Replies

Synchronization reprise
Hi, OK, I've decided to code up an "experiment" to quantify the behaviour that I might expect from protocols *like* PTP, NTP, etc. in an "uncontrolled" environment (i.e., I place *no* restrictions on...
10
10

Video on Sparkfun Electronics giving away $100K in 1:45 hours.
Free Day recap of what it was like behind the scenes in the SparkFun offices on January 7th. Cheers Don... -- Don McKenzie Site Map: Contact Page: Camera Page: More Damn Spam: Product Sellout: 15% OFF...
12
12

SD, SM, MS, etc. sockets
Hi, I don't like using sockets in products. They add to cost, decrease reliability, tempt customers to "play" with the device(s) in those socket(s), etc. So, most of the things I work on simply can't...
23
23

Offpage connector symbols
Hi, As a side-comment to the schematic preferences thread (hopefully not another lengthy thread :> ), I'm curious as to what folks use as an offpage connector symbol. Given that I prefer these to be...
30
30

How many USB HIDdevices .....
How many USB HID devices can Windows handle at one time ? don
5
5

Low cost digital input/output
I have to create a test harness to allow automatic testing of a system that I'm working on. It needs several hundred digital inputs and several hundred digital outputs. They don't need to be isolated...
7
7

Opinions re: MCU vendors
[crap! I meant to crosspost this here and s.e.d :< ] Hi, I'm looking at a couple of different parts from Atmel and TI for an upcoming design. I'd appreciate comments (not *rants*) folks might have...
32
32

FYI: Nutxx - BSD licensed RTOS
Open source BSD licensed RTOS see http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nuttx/ Download NuttX for free. Real-Time Embedded Operating System. Nuttx is a real time embedded operating system (RTOS). Its...
4
4

Image processing using microcontroller
hi.. i want to develop an embedded system using a micro controller and a cmos sensor.. i have chosen atmega16 and c3088 sensor.. however I am certain that memory constraints will be a problem for...
6
6

Compiler Support for Ensuring that a Statement is Atomic
This is slightly off-topic, as it involves implementation rather than the C language. It frequently comes up in embedded systems that one wishes to ensure that a C-language statement is atomic. One...
16
16

802.3af renegotiation AFTER connect?
Hi, Is there any way SHORT OF (electrical) REMOVAL AND REINSERTION for the PD to renegotiate it's requirements with the PSE? Are there many "smart" PSE's currently available? Are the interfaces to...

USB & Windows
Hello, we are using a home brewed USB kernel driver to communicate with our equipment. This system in working fine on Windows Vista32, but our customers are moving to Seven32. We build a few tens...
5
5

Multi-OS Testing
What is the best way to test a particular piece of software on different platforms? We manufacture a device which is accompanied by a small application to configure it. The application is built on the...
4
4

Having Issue with OPenocd + gdb+eclipse+ARM922T when Cache is enabled
Hi, I am new to OPenocd development environment.I am trying to debug x264 application in a targetboard with ARM922T r0v1.Without enableing cache everything is fine.I am bale to debug the code,getting...

initialization code for interfacing 89C51 with CS5532 over SPI bus
initialization code for interfacing 89C51 with CS5532 over SPI bus Plse help me for wrting C code for handling this ADC
1
1