Subject Author Posted Replies

ATtiny10, programmed and blinking
Hi it's blinking it's blinking, Atmel's SOT23-6 packaged processor ATtiny10 I have had the samples on my desk for some good months already but never got the time to find a programming solution, til...
9
9

t1 photodiode with visible response
t1 photodiode with visible response Anyone know of a photodiode with visible response in a t1 package. These devices with response limited to the infared are readily available but, curiously, not in...
3
3

Heap terminology
Hi, When I write a memory manager, I typically refer to the alignment requirements as the "width" of the heap. :< This is obviously a misnomer. But, I've never been able to come up with a nice, terse...
5
5

How hard is to build a processor?
It seems that ?Google? engineer Bill Buzbee isn?t interested in microprocessors that can be purchased in marked. There is more fun to build own. Several years ago he built first ?Magic-1? processors ,...
54
54

LCD interfaces
Hi, Most of the things I design don't have traditional displays, so... :< Aside from mechanical differences in connectors (a consequence of the number of "color bits"), can I safely design a generic...
17
17

GSM Remote Camera
Hi I want to connect my webcam with microcontroller or processor for capturing the images and send through air(network)through gsm modem. For that, I have confirmed that ARM processor is...
2
2

Tweaking the Tundra TSI384 chip
just curious if anyone here has some experience tweaking this PCIX/PCIEx bridge chip for performance

PHY initialization
Hello my question is rather general - does an Ethernet PHY chip require any additional initialization upon hardware reset or it is always platform specific? I'm asking this because I'm having a...
4
4

malloc/free algorithms
Hi, Quasi-deterministic malloc/free implementations tend to be inefficient (i.e., wasteful of resources). But, I wonder if dynamic changes to the algorithms used by malloc/free can be exploited to...
12
12

Why a file system required in an embedded Device
Hi, I have this question in mind, Why do we need a file system as part of any RTOS when it is intended for a target embedded device(Low memory and less storage of data). I can imagine a system having...
14
14

USB Enumeration problem
I have a USB device (development board with firmware) that I connect to using Hyperterminal (or Tera Term). When I power the device, connect it to the PC and bring up Hyperterminal, all is good. It...
2
2

*Exclusive* use of zero-copy semantics in RTOS
Hi, I'm writing another multimedia RTOS and looking through the code I've written that *used* other such beasts in the past (wise move, eh? :> ). It seems like moving zero-copy semantics *formally*...
2
2

Cortex-M4 with DSP instructions and Floating point announced by ARM
Hi, thought this might be interesting for those that are using ARM in MCU related applications. They are continuing to upgrade their cores and making it more difficult to not use ARM :-) Saw it here...
6
6

Is Zilog still in business?
Is ZILOG still in business? they don't answer tech support phone calls or return emails. My rep from Future Electronics distributor says "not recommended" and do not use them
28
28

ARM9 TCP/IP Stack
Hey y'all -- I'm throwing this post out on behalf of my poor beleagured programmer. We're starting to migrate over our new designs from using the Lantronix XPort for our network needs to an ARM9 with...
3
3