Subject Author Posted Replies

Lone Wolf Developers
Just got to wondering how many of you guys out there are in the category of "Lone Wolf Developers" or "Single Person Development Company". I should imagine that there are a number of such who are. The...
12
12

What's NOPs of NAND
Hi all, I'm very new to NAND flash. I've come across this: " Q 01.What is the NOP? A 01. NOP is an acronym for the 'Number Of Partial programs'. It indicates how many times users can program on a...
9
9

PowerPC books ARM
Im looking for a good book, website, or tutorial on powerpc using c does anyone have any ideas? --------------------------------------- Posted through

Need suggestion for 'file system' in data logger project
Hi friends, I am working on Data logger project, which stores data on micro-sd card. This data will then be uploaded to PC. which is the best file system for this type of application? I have "FatFS"...
10
10

Router hardware
Hello Group We are facing a project, where we need to incorporate a router and a 4 port ethernetswitch into a design. The switch part, we have covered, but the routerpart seems to post some sort of...
8
8

Need suggestion for file system in data logger project
Hi friends, I am working on Data logger project, which stores data on micro-sd card. This data will then be uploaded to PC. which is the best file system for this type of application. I have "FatFS"...

JTAG programming the NXP LPC23xx
Hello, I'm starting a new code for an already developed hardware using a LPC2387, normally I use units from ST it's the first time I write code for NXP and I'm impressed with the documents...
6
6

Recommendation: Low power microcontroller for battery powered logger
Hi All, I'm after a recommendation for a microcontroller with the following features: Needed: - 3.3V - in circuit programming - I2C I/O - low power sleep mode Wanted: - cheap / free compiler - on...
14
14

C++ support in ARMCC (Keil) compiler/toolchain ?
Hi All - Can anybody provide any comments on the C++ support in the Keil compiler (ARM7 target) ? Specifically: - completeness (though libstdc++ is not interesting for us) - robustness Thanks in...
12
12

Tool Chain for Arm Cortex M3 on Linux Host
I've been poking around without lots of success. I'm looking for the right tool chain to use to develop software for a TI LM3S811, hosting on Linux. This would be distributed as a training tool, so...
1
1

MII Management Interface, turnaround bits
Hi I'm implementing software GPIO based SMI protocol for a small embedded microcontroller, and got stuck with turnaround bits. As I understand it, after reading 802.3 spec, it consists of two bits,...
3
3

Please Critique This Security Scheme
Hello all, I have developed an embedded system that I wish to protect from reverse engineering and piracy, while at the same time allowing end users to easily update the units with newer versions of...
9
9

Regression testing for /* CAN'T HAPPEN */
Hi, I use a *lot* of invariants in my code. Some are there just during development; others "ride shotgun" over the code at run-time. So, a lot of my formal testing is concerned with verifying these...
12
12

[OT] PACE parts needed
I've "misplaced" my manuals for this old PACE (PPS-51 unit) handset, so I don't have a model or part number. This is the handset with a standard three-prong AC plug. This unit has held up well, but...
3
3

Computer Hardware Poster.
We've seen this before but it's worth another look: a giant poster of computer connectors and sockets to help you identify odd things you find. Version 1.7 hot off the press. As well as improved...
3
3