Subject Author Posted Replies

I2C communication
Hi, I am new to I2C bus. I need your help in letting me know how i can monitor data through a I2C Data bus? I found a few products online like AArdvark, Beagle I2C protocol analyzer. I need product...
11
11

Simulator/debugger for 80C320
For the record, the application I'm trying to debug is written in assembler, so compiler compatibility is one problem I don't have to worry about. Of course it would be nice if the debugger could...
3
3

Need to run old 8051 firmware
Hello all I need to run an old firmware for a Siemens SAB 80C537 microcontroller unit (MCU). The MCU is now obsolete (it's from the late 1980s). The firmware is compiled from several thousand rows of...
23
23

linking error in libgcc.a
Hi I am using Sourcery G++ Lite 4.4.1 version with Codeblock IDE. In my example program i used sprintf but the compiler is giving error like arm-none-eabi-ld.exe: DISCARD has both ordered...
1
1

ESD protections
We are making a device with 18 inputs and 12 outputs, plus USB signals. We are concerned about EMI/ESD protections. There is ferric core (for EMI) and clamping diode (for ESD) on the USB line. Should...
24
24

New version 1.8 of UML state machine code generator
Hello list readers, a new version of the sinelabore codegenerator is available for download. SinelaboreRT generates C-Code from UML state charts. The UML state charts can be designed with the Cadifra...

DAS recomendataion
Hi all, I need a data capturing card with a sampling rate of atleast one mega samples per second and PCI bus. It should be possible to store the data acquired to hard disk by DMA. I need 30 signals to...

Interleaved Read/Write to Compact Flash Card
Hi, I have an input data stream at 2 MByte/s that I need to write to a mass storage device. I need to store 10 GB worth of data. I guess that a modern 16 GB CF card, which states 20..30 MByte/s of...
11
11

What is Bit Spread?
Hi, I'm reading Andrew N. Sloss's book . There is a description about Bit Permutation. I extrat several lines of code here: 7.6.2.1 Bit PermutationMacros mask0 EQU 0x55555555 ; set bit positions with...
3
3

Fair scheduling of the equal priority tasks in RTOS
Suppose we have several active tasks with equal priorities. So, one task runs for one timer tick, then the next task runs for another timer tick, so on. Scheduler goes in a round robin manner. At some...
25
25

A 16-bit/32-bit microprocessor specifically for UAV purpose
Hi everyone, I am a newbie here. So some of the queries might seem inexperienced. Also, I am a little inexperienced about embedded systems. So please bear with my stupidities sometimes. What I exactly...
8
8

Using AVR-GCC toolchain on Mac OS X
Has anyone here taken the leap to a Mac based AVR development system? I'm attempting to use AVRdude with an AVRISP mkII programmer and it's showing signs of life, but it doesn't seem to be happy when...
12
12

Benchmarking a toy example on SH-4
Hello everyone, I have a 266 MHz, dual issue, 5-stage integer pipeline, SH-4 CPU. I've written a small piece of assembly to make sure I understand what is going on in the trivial case. The code: r4 =...
18
18

Opinions wanted on career-limiting moves (<g>)
LTNS all. After a long absence, I'm interested in hearing opinions - public or private - about how people here would perceive a career move that I'm contemplating. I'm a senior-level engineer at...
34
34

Boot Block of NOR flash memories ??
HI, I have the following queries based on the Flash Memory, 000. What is the advantage of Top Boot Flash Memory and What is the advantage of Bottom Boot Flash memory ? 001. what are the other...
9
9