Subject Author Posted Replies

Barcode scanner reverse engineering
Hi, I have a box full of Scanplus 1800 SR's. I am trying to use them in a project for a local 501(c)3. To do so, I need to fabricate some cables that will make available the "RS232" interface from the...
6
6

Luminary micro "driverlib" Vs CMSIS
Hi friends, I am new to cortex-m3 world. I am working on luminary micro lm3s6965. They have given two "programming model" options to start, 1. Direct register access model Efficient but time consuming...
6
6

Maxim Security ICs - Alternatives?
We have an application where we would like to use a low cost security IC to protect IP. The Maxim DS2432 or DS28E01-100 are possible candidates. A very small SPI device would also be OK. As usual,...
7
7

CYBERNETICS EVOLVING - BRAINWAVES & MICROPROCESSORS
Joe A**** repeated his promise this time referring to "deliver DC-60GHz IC by Friday, if not then Monday" and having 1 sample already, waiting for 3 to add. After I mentioned A****tech's management...

Change of processor name?
Hi there, I have a silly question: I came across some years ago the following two platforms which were supposed to be some kind of customizable processors: ARM OptimoDE ARCtangent-A4 Google does not...
1
1

Building an Embedded Device/System or Software? Tell VDC about your experiences for a chance to WIN!
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution...

Help needed in FT232RL CBUS bit bang mode
Hi, I have made a custom RS232 to USB converter using FT232RL IC and its working fine... I have read the Mprog utility and programmed my IC's CBUS 2 to I/O mode... Now i need to use FT_SetBitMode() to...

Problem during cs5460a offset calibration
Hi, I am working with a weighing scale. I have used cs5460a adc and 89c52 controller. while i am trying to do offset calibration(dc, current channel), i am getting a large value in the offset register...

Code Thieves to Professionally Avoid!
Thank you to Ainhoa Ortiz Delgado and Antonio Tejada Revilla, of the University of the Basque Country in Spain. I would like to say how much I appreciate you removing my lawful copyright declaration...
19
19

OT: Google cars caught snooping
By mistake, they say. One wonders if that mistake has been an initiative of theirs or an assignment... not that we are likely to ever know that. Sometimes even some of us working on that sort of stuff...
163
163

EMBEDDED DESIGN - MICROCHIP MCU's & DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - ENERGY/POWER METERS
Hi, There's confusion between two newest Energy Meter's ref. designs: MCP3909-1PH1 and MCP3909-PM1: Energy Meter Reference Designs (boards/kits) info at MCP website is conflicting - the relation...

EMBEDDED DESIGN - using MICROCHIP MCU's & DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - ENERGY/POWER METERS
Hi, There's confusion between two newest Energy Meter's ref. designs: MCP3909-1PH1 and MCP3909-PM1: Energy Meter Reference Designs (boards/kits) info at MCP website is conflicting - the relation...

Atmel Introduces World's smallest Microcontrollers?
Teeny tiny uDFN package that is only 2mm on each side. Bill Giovino Executive Editor Me:
24
24

ARM PL180 SD/MMC controller Help
Hello, I am porting ARM PL180 SD/MMC controller. Its is working fine in initialization, Read OCR, CSD etc. It also reads the block fine. Its write block works fine for some blocks but then i receive...

Between hard working hours
Hello, everybody! I know, my message is off topic. But I think, that it will be intresting for everyone in this discussion. I am talking about a site It helps creatively relax between hard working...